Chapter 13 - A plan? Maybe.

Finally, I've gotten a new chapter out... I know it was only like 12 days, but still, that's a long time between chapters for me. Actually- I say that while I'm in school, and I have 4 ongoing stories... Eh- whatever.

Anyways, enjoy!

----------

He avoided fWhip. They ignored Scott. They hide from Shelby.

The only one he went to was Oli. Pix couldn't bear to see anyone else. He didn't need their pity.

"Oh- Pix, I was coming up with a new song! Wanna hear what I have so far?" Oli hopped up from his seat, pulling the lute from his back.

"Sure. I always love hearing your music." Pix gave a smile, coughing a few times.

Oli, despite it only being a few weeks, had gotten used to Pix's perpetual cough. Oli smiled widely, bringing his hands to the cords.

Carefully, he plucked at the strings. It was a simple, slow tune, but it held everything. It was magically -well the lute was actually magically so that made sense. He sung no words, just letting the instrument carry everyone.

Oh, it carried so much.

Even when it was over, it stuck. It felt like it meant something... "It doesn't have any words yet... Just a little tune I've come up with." Oli glanced at Pix, "What did you think?"

"You- It was gorgeous..."

Pix internally cursed themself for almost saying 'you are gorgeous.' Why did that feel so cliche, like a romantic story? It wasn't like they were in a romantic fanfic- (Pix don't break the fourth wall >:[ )

Oli giggled, slipping back to the sand next to the archaeologist. A goofy smile sat on the bard's face, staring at the brunette. "Oh- Pix, I was wondering if you did need help with that whole confession to save your life thing? You haven't asked me for anything, so I just want to check..." Oli questioned.

"Oh- Um... I think I'll be fine by myself..." Pix paused to cough, a particularly violent cough. A whole allium sat in the sand, "I don't know how much longer I have..."

"Maybe you should do that soon!" Oli said quickly, before nervously adding, "I just don't want to lose you, y'know... As much as I love hanging out, I don't want to take away from you getting closer to confessing..."

"Can I take you up on that offer?" Pix blurted out, Oli tilting his head in confusion, "You mentioned hanging out at the beach at night... Um- Do you think we could do that sometime soon..?"

There was a long pause... It felt like forever before Oli finally responded.

"Of course- Sure! When should we do that? A few days? Tomorrow? A week?" Oli sounded insanely excited.

"Would a few days work..? Three days?"

"Mhm! All good with me!"

"Alright, it's a date then!"

"What..." Oli paused, his cheeks going pink.

"Wait- Did I use that phrase wrong? Doesn't it mean like.. Um... like confirming that's the date we are doing it on?"

"Oh- Yeah, you used it correctly... I.. Um, I just misinterpreted it." Oli laughed.

Pix panicked a bit... Had they upset Oli? Was he misusing that phrase, and Oli just lied about it being right..? What else could it mean..? Pix shook his head. Oli would tell them if they were wrong.

Now, Pix had to think about what his plan was going to be.

They finally had some plan.

Maybe it would all work out...?

Pix needed more than just a date to hangout. A plan. A full plan. "Um... Oli- Oli, I think I need to get going."

"Oh- Alright, alright!" Oli smiled, "Promise me you'll have a safe fly home?"

"I'll try... Hope I don't crash again from coughing too much."

Oli's face got serious for a moment, "Pix, please be safe..."

"I will try my best..." Pix mumbled. Oli's concern was so cute...

And soon, Pix was off. Off to go make some sort of plan. 

(588 words)