Prologue

??? pov

It hurts...everything hurts...

If only they had just listened to me. If only I was stronger. But who am I kidding? I should've never trusted them. Heroes my foot. More like self righteous hypocrites.

My blood and maybe the blood of who knows how many...is on their hands...
_________________________________________

A young lady found herself floating in a galactic void, devoid of any other beings other than herself. She didn't know how long she had been there. She didn't even know whether she was dead or not.

All she knew was the excruciating pain she felt while floating aimlessly. Just then, she felt a familiar presence appear before her.

The Dragon of Light.

Lucky for her, they could communicate through their minds. Because right now, uttering one word feels like thousands of needles are being poked into her throat.

"Dear child... I give you my deepest apologies...If only I could've given you more of my power..." 

"Don't blame yourself Argant... I should've never trusted them... I should've relied on myself... I, was too weak to draw out this power..."

"That is where you are mistaken child. The bonds you share with other beings is what makes you stronger. Friends are those you can rely on, those who except you for you, who you feel save with."

Friends...were they ever really her friends?

"You and I are one. I know you have never felt safe around them. You always walked on eggshells in fear that they may turn on you because of your power."

She could feel something wet running down her cheeks. What else could it be if not her tears? Argant's right, they...were never really her friends...

"Dear child, I once again express my deepest apologies. Your journey has not yet ended for there is a threat that only you can vanquish...." the dragon revealed.

"Wha-what? But, I can barely use magic anymore and I...I... I can't even move..."

"I know child...which is why I'm giving you a new start. This is my way of making up for my failure..."

Suddenly, she felt something warm in her heart as light surrounded her. She felt fresher and better. Better than she had in months.

"Where you'll go will be a land made of light with beings made of light. There you will meet those who you can rely on..."

Some sort of white vortex formed right under her. She could guess why she hadn't plummeted in yet.

"And unlike that insolent, sad excuse of a man,"

Wow, Argant must've really hated him. The girl knew the dragon never really liked the man she once dated (which she broke up with due to reasons) but she, the dragon, never outright insulted him before. Looking back, she should've really listened to her.

"You will meet your destined one..."

Suddenly, a red thread tied to her pinky appeared. But wait, doesn't a red thread mean-

"All the best dear child. I will always be with you..."
____________________________________

3rd pov 

In the Land of Light, home to ultras,a mysterious portal popped up in the sky. Something resembling a spark came out of it and it grew brighter and brighter as it fell. Whatever it was crash landed somewhere near the colosseum. The sudden crash shocked all the ultras nearby.

"What is that?!"

"Is it a monster?!"

"Be careful! It could be Belial again!"

"But wait, doesn't that seem more like an... Ultra?"