Chapter 26

So heads up, this chapter will mainly be about Chiara ripping the League a new one.

Warnings: Justice League and Young Justice bashing up ahead. Don't like it, feel free to not read it.
__________________________________________

"Ughh...what happened?" Impulse groggingly asked when he came to. But weirdly enough, he felt refreshed. Not the light headedness and sore he expected everytime he woke up in the medbay.

Speaking of the medbay, he could see extra gurneys that were pulled out to accommodate those who were injured by that ghoul thing. And, like him, they were also slowly coming to.

"Well," Kid Flash started.

"That ghoul thing or whatever it was showed up. It even gave Dr. Fate a panic attack. The Team and some the Justice Leaguers came down to deal with before it reached the city. Things went south real fast. It took down most of our forces and would've gone after all of us if Chiara hadn't shown up and-"

"Wait what?! Who showed up?!" Impulse sprung up from his bed, nearly headbutting Kid Flash.

"Yeah well...Surprise surprise, she's alive. Took that ghoul out in one shot." Came Tigress.

"Bu-but how? She-because of us she-"

"Woah, calm down Bart. Even we don't know how yet since she was busy healing all of you."

"Heal us?"

"That thing had venom. Venom that poisoned you guys when it attacked. And it wasn't just regular venom either. It was some sort of magic venom." Just then, they heard groaning and looked to see Wonder Girl getting up. So did the other heroes.

"Where is she now?" Robin asked.

"She's having a stare down with the remaining Leaguers and the Team. Dick looks like he's about to wet himself. And she brought company too."

☆☆☆

"While everyone else is fine. I can't say the same for Zatanna. That thing damaged her magic core. Good news is that the damage was minor and I was able to get the venom out before it finished its work. Unlike the rest, she'll be out for a while and her magic needs time to gather itself before she goes casting anymore spells." Chiara explained.

"You helped Zatanna?" Nightwing's question made her cross her arms and glare at him, clearly offended that he would even ask that. The audacity.

"Just because she almost got me killed since she couldn't get over herself doesn't mean I'd just let her die a slow amd torturous death." She spat making the vigilante immediately realise his mistake.

"No, that's not what I-"

"Zip it."

"But if you'd listen-"

Now that struck a cord.

"Hah! Listen? That's rich coming from you. The lot of of you. Considering it took me 'dying' for you to put your ears back on."

That instantly made them shut up. They knew how much, how far they wronged her. Although they deeply regretted it, they knew regret alone wasn't enough to atone for what they did.

"I don't want to be here anymore than you. Once the crisis on our hands is over you'll never see me again."

The crisis she was talking about was Armadus and the Shadow Spark. While they were on their way to the Watchtower Chiara and her friends filled them in on their purpose for being their.