Side story #1 Pt1

Just some side stories to explore Chiara and Zero's relationship. Now that they've finally confessed their feelings in the main story, I just couldn't wait to write some fluff. Unfortunately, however, the main story is still on hiatus.

*Set after the end of the events of the main story.*
_________________________________________

After a long month of none stop mission with only a fraction of rest, the Winx decided to return to their own realms for a few weeks of break and family time.

Chiara too returned to Aeros despite not having any family there. It still was her home planet after all. She bought a nice apartment in the city a while back so she had somewhere to stay any time she came back. Granted, she could've also gone to the Land of Light. But as mentioned before, Aeros was still her home planet and she hadn't been there in a long time.

"Achoo!"

Aeros was a planet that was half cold and half warm in a year. Even chilly winds can blow in the summers from time to time. And it just so happens that she came back when it was the cold season.

It took another waft of cool air to blow by before Chiara finally decided to retreat from her balcony and change out of the shirt and leggings she was wearing. While rummaging through her bags, she pulled out a neatly wrapped box that Stella gave her. It was for the chilly winter seasons she said.

A light blush spread across her face the moment she laid eyes on the contents of the box.

"Dang it Stella."

It was a red and blue sweater with silver patterns reminiscent to that of a certain ultra who was dear to her heart. Ignoring how her tingly her heart felt, she quickly put it on when another cold breeze blew in from an open window she forgot to close.

She pulled out her phone and stared at it for a while as her thumb hovered over one of the names in her contacts. Zero's contact which was saved under 'Zer🍪'

She wanted to call him, or atleast just message a little. Hesitation grew in her because she didn't want to bother him in case he was out fighting some enemies or taking whatever time he had to rest. Although she highly doubted the latter since he could never really sit still. The last time they talked was about a couple of weeks ago. Even then, the call had to be cut short since, simultaneously, the Trix ambushed Chiara and the Winx while Zero had to go help with another evil splinter induced monster attack.

Sighing, the fairy put her phone away and went to the kitchen to fix herself with something to eat.

•~•

"Do my ears deceive me?! Zero! Stubborn hardheaded Zero whose always findin' trouble is actually takin' a break fer once?!" Glen Fire dramatically placed a hand over his heart upon hearing the news from their fearless leader.

Contrary to popular belief, members of the Space Garrison do have their own designated days where they aren't scheduled for any duties. They even have their own annual vacation days, It's just that some ultras, like Zero, are so full of spirit that they gladly take on any extra work. Or in most cases, threat levels that are on the rise calls up a lot of ultras away from their break. Which is something that, unfortunately, frequently happens.

But for now, things were relatively peaceful.

Ultimate Force Zero weren't the only ones surprised by the ultras action. Ultraseven even dragged his son to Mother of Ultra herself thinking that there was something incredibly wrong with his son.