Chapter 12

Warning: Young Justice & Justice League salt and bashing up ahead. Don't read it if you don't like stuff like that.

Heads up: I might/will rewrite the prologue chapter since recent chapters so far contradict it. So for you guys who already read the original prologue in the beginning, be sure to read the rewritten one just so ya don't feel confused~
_________________________________________

Chiara felt herself drift in and out of reality. She could see and hear her ultra friends. They stood around her as they worriedly called out to her. But then she would find herself back at...the cave with her old team. She was invisible to them. When she was seen, it would always be to question her, criticize her or looking at her warily.

She didn't know which was which. Were the ultras a dream? A figment of her imagination to escape her pain? Would she wake up and find herself face to face with the so called heroes again? Or were the team a nightmare? Bitter memories never seizing to stop playing in her mind.

Which was real? The nightmare or dream?

Chiara desperately wished for the latter.

At the moment, she found herself kneeling with her hands gripping her head in misery. Infront of her was the famed black haired sorceress supreme, the woman who's had it out for her for who knows what. She always had a look of contempt whenever she crossed paths with Chiara.

Encircling the fairy of light were the rest of the earth's heroes. She could feel their hostile, distrusting eyes piercing into her.

"Power like that is wasted on a fairy like you..."

"According to Dr.Fate, the magic she has is ancient and powerful. If she becomes a threat one day..."

"Listen, you're just over reacting..."

"We need a contingency plan if she..."

Stop it! Please stop it! What did I ever do to you people?! I just wanted to help. I never wanted to hurt anyone. Why do the lot of you always assume the worse? I tried my best but the more power I showed the more you hated me, the more you wanted to lock me up! You only decided to listen to me when your two grand magic users were useless against that thing...

It took me sacrificing myself for you all to treat me like an ally instead of a ticking time bomb. And now... my blood is on your hands.

I should've never trusted you. If only I had the Winx by my side. Then I wouldn't be alone or a doormat.

But like an idiot I held on to the hope that it was just all a misunderstanding and if you had just given me a chance, I could prove that I wasn't a danger, that I could be trusted. In the end, no matter what I did or said, what awaits is a cell and meta jamming cuffs if I made one wrong move.

While Chiara was spiralling in the thoughts and regrets she suffered, a warm and comforting touch was felt on her forehead. The black floor beneath her turned white. All the figures around her began shattering away into dust.

"Chiara, Chiara listen to me." A familiar motherly voice echoed.

"Whatever you see there isn't real. Follow my voice Chiara. I promise nobody will hurt you here. In fact, everyone is waiting for you..." said the voice. Then another chimed in,

"That's right, we're all here for you. Come back to us, Ultrawoman Chiara!" Light pierced through the darkness and shone brightly above her. Slowly, she tilted her head upwards to see the light. It got brighter and brighter until a voice boomed,