40- Divulgence

"He was right, I shouldn't trust my tongue but then again, I asked myself, was that pain worth it? Was spending your life with a man who can't love you worth it?"

It was morning and I was waiting for a call from Sebastian to remind me to come back in two days or to yell at me for putting his things in the drawer instead of the display.

"What happened, Eileen?" Sofia asked when she saw me pacing around the room.

"Sebastian didn't call. I thought he would." I sighed, taking a seat on the couch with her.

"It's not twenty four hours since you came here and you are waiting for his call?" She asked, smirking while teasing me but I didn't mean my words in that sense. I was worried to hear his scolding.

"No, that's not it. He doesn't know where I have put his things. His rings, his brooch, his colognes, I thought he would call-" I began to tell her, what was perturbing me. Maybe I shouldn't attend his call in the first place. Yeah, let's just not pick the call.

"Are you waiting for him to call you?" Sofia cut me off, smirk growing wider but under all circumstances, I was not waiting for his call.

I wanted him out of my life in these two days. I want my life back, I needed liberation from him.

"Why would I?" I frowned, knitting my brows together in confusion. Did it look like I was waiting?

"Why don't you call?" She suggested happily but my frown deepened, resenting this idea.

"Why would I?" I scoffed, folding my arms, not in the mood to hear his voice.

"Do you think he would call you?" She asked again, coming closer. She was excited and I couldn't understand why.

"Why would he?" I asked again, tilting my head in confusion. Not liking her going on about the call ordeal.

"Stop giving the same reply. Just give him a call and ask away." She whined, pouting a little but I shook my head.

"No." I enunciated. I would not call him, if he couldn't sleep without me he should call, I won't.

"Okay then, how about that? Let's see if he will miss you or not." Definitely not. He would be glad that I left.

I had been mentally draining him for a long time now, I doubt he would want me near him. Now he could finally focus on his abyss rather than listening to me.

"You don't call or text at all. Let's see if he will call you or not." Sofia suggested but I forgot I was supposed to act so I held an unaffected face, shrugging my shoulders.

"He doesn't call me on a normal day, why would he now?" I asked nonchalantly, not bothering to even fake affection, hating the idea.

"Did you guys have a fight? Why do you sound so cold? Did your love wash in six months?" Sofia asked as her smile vanished but I don't want to talk about Sebastian. I have a life outside it, I wanted to get away from him.

"Shut up." I scoffed, turning up to leave. If she intended to talk about him then I don't want it.

"No, but seriously, are things okay with you two? Sebastian wasn't furious to know about those contraceptive pills, wasn't he?" She asked, pulling me back to the couch and sighing, I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"He was but eventually agreed to it." I told her, cutting the heated argument which took place when this happened and only told her the aftermath.

"I see. I was scared he might not cut you off from me." She sighed in relief and to be honest, I was frightened of that too.