64- I... LOVE YOU

Present

~ Eileen ~

It was raining heavily. Me and Asad were in the cafe, looking out at the rain, I was staring at it. That day was happening before my eyes as I spoke.

"And this is how it all started and here we are...."

Exhaling, I finally ended our tale, even though I grew frustrated by the time we reached the end. Slamming my hand on the table, I lowered my head and hit my face there.

Asad chuckled at my frustration but I growled at him, rubbing my temples, unaware what to do after telling him.

"Do you know why I insisted on listening to your whole story?"

Smirking, Asad rested his elbow on the table and leaned forward, scanning my features.

Furrowing my brows, I asked, "Why?"

'Because these were the talks you were carrying in your heart as scars." He began to speak slowly, sending a sudden realization to my core.

My eyes widened, straightening my back when the acceptance that I had nothing in my heart anymore was truly there.

"And you can never move forward until you take them out."

He chuckled, tapping my nose for a second and was trying to search words for rejection but there were none.

"...You were helping me to empty my chest so I could put things behind."

My barely audible tone came, resting my hand over my heart when I could feel that denial was no longer possible because I had no complaints left.

"Eileen, there are things we keep in our hearts and never tell anyone. Things we keep a secret, things which hurt us and we carry the pain of those talks. Words remain."

Asad told me seriously, leaning back on the seat, folding his arms, sending an unstoppable rush of relief and peace I hadn't felt in a long time.

"And we both know if you hadn't taken this out of your heart, you would always remember it and it would hurt you, you will keep all the complaints in your heart but are they still here now? Are they?"

He asked, staggering me. How flawlessly he completed his promise, he truly helped me to release the weight of the talks I never expressed.

"No..." And now when they were gone, there was nothing left.

Whispering, I rest my hand over my heart, returning a faint smile, looking up at Asad.

"See." He smiled back, pointing behind me. Turning, I saw Sebastian there in his usual assertive form but it didn't hurt, there was no confusion in my heart.

I saw him and my heart instantly knew- It's him, and him only.

"Eileen." Sebastian called, clearing his throat.

"Sebastian?" Taken aback at his presence, we both got up.

"Let's go home. It's getting late." Sebastian asked, noticing the rain was heavy and we should leave before it became impossible.

Nodding, I smiled sincerely at Asad for helping me overcome the most bewildering time of my life and showing me a path.

"Your home is waiting for you, Eileen. There are no longer any chains to stop you from going forward." He whispered, taking a step closer.

"There, I fulfilled my promise. You are now ready to take a step towards redemption." He said.

Staring at Sebastian and I couldn't believe it, of all people, Sebastian lowered his resentment for him only for the sake of my guidance.