Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Freen hasn't slept one bit after everything that happend the other day. Her mind constantly ran through memory lane and the wedding cart.

She wanted to see Becky, speak to her, say to her what she wanted to say the moment she left her but couldn't due to her depression.

But how... how was she gonna find her and then just overload her with all of the things that's been on my mind for all of these years.
She needed to think this through first.

'How are you feeling today' Kade's voice brought her back to reality. She felt conflicted, she also felt determined. She felt alot of emotions.

'Fine.. do you want some breakfast. I feel like French toast.' Kade eyed her for a second, but agreed to breakfast.

Truth is that Freen didn't really wanna talk about how she was feeling, cause if Kade knew, she would stop her from trying to come in contact with Becky.

Every passing second, Freen felt her determination and anticipation grow. She needed to see her. She could't wait that long anymore or she would burst from her thoughts.

'Et voilà, one French toast for you.' Freen said while making breakfast for them both.

'What are you up to today?' Kade asked her, while munching on her food. Freen needed to be careful with her words.

'First some work. I have some transcripts I need to translate and send back. After that I'm free. Oh right, the owner is coming by to get his mail in the afternoon. Other then that, nothing special. How about you?' Freen asked her.

'I've work all day' Kade said with a grimace on her face. 'Have you taught about how you're gonna contact her?' Kade asked her.

Freen chocked on her glass of water and spitted some on the kitchen table. 'Gosh, i'm sorry. I- I.. no not really. I thought about asking Kirk first. Cause he definitely knows Becky enough to get invited. But honestly, I don't even freaking know what or how to ask him. Like, it would be weird to ask her number, or ask where she lives. I can't do that, he might think i'm a stalker or something.' Freen said, thinking outloud.

She sighed while rolling her eyes. She felt frustrated by herself. 'You could...' Kade started but Freen interrupted her.

'You know what, this is stupid. I shouldn't do this. I should just forget about her, about that stupid fancy cart. Let's just forget it.' She stood up and put the empty dishes in the dishwasher.

Kade knew this was better, but still felt bad for her. She pinched her lips together.

'You'll be okay.. why don't you come over tonight. I'll make you some homemade lasagna.' Freen turned around and smiled softly at her, but her eyes still looked some kinda sad.

'That would be nice, thanks. 7pm?' Freen let Kade out of her apartment and got ready for getting some work done. The bills ain't paying themselves.
——————
Meanwhile:

'Guess what we're doing today!' Becky spoke through the phone as soon as she heard the other person pick up.

'Killing you for waking me up this early' Kirk responded irritated. He was woken up by the sound of his phone at 7am in the morning. Not to mention, it was saterday and he had no work today.

'Nope! We are gonna go dress shopping today. As my maid of honour, you should have a nice suit. I'm thinking something red' she said excited over the phone.

'Why are you happy so early in the morning?' He asked with a raspy morning voice. 'I'll pick you up in an hour. Be ready!' She screamed before ending the call.