Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Becky didn't sleep much last night as expected. She got up with bags under her eyes.

'Goodmorning honey.' Nop said to her from across the hallway. He was rushing to get ready and leave for work.

'Morning...' she sat at the kitchen table, trying to get some food in her system after her horrible night.

'Alright, enjoy your day. I'll be late tonight, bye honey.' Nop closed the door. Leaving Becky behind in a very quiet house. She finished her breakfast and got ready to head out to her shop.

As the day went by, she just couldn't stop thinking about yesterday. Her mind drove her mad. She groaned loudly and tangled her hands in her hair.

'Stop being an idiot.' she rolled her eyes.

Should she go see her again today? No.. she was probably busy and didn't wanna see her in the first place. Why would she even.
But it would be weird to never see her again after yesterday. I mean, that would be rude, wouldn't it?

Her thoughts were driving her crazy. It was like there was a devil and an angel on her shoulders, whispering things into her ears. And right now her devil was winning.

She exhaled loudly. She decided she would visit her this afternoon. It would be the mature thing to do.

And so Becky closed up the shop and got in her car. She sat there for 10 minutes in silence, thinking it over. She closed her eyes and started the engine.

Driving to the apartment was hell, her nerves were going through the roof. She parked her car and entered the building. Her feet were living their own life, like her brain was shot down, but going in overdrive at the same time.

She knocked the door before even thinking about it. She heard footsteps coming closer to the door. She held her breath when the locks clicked. The door opened and their eyes locked for the second time in 7 years. They stood in silence, nobody was breathing. After what felt like an hour, Becky cleared her throat.

'Hi.' Those were the only sounds that came out of her. Her throat was dried up.

Freen blinked a couple times.
'Hi... What- what are you doing here? I mean, how are you? How have you been?' Freen was a stuttering mess. Becky didn't respond, she just looked deeply into Freen's eyes.

'Can I come in?' Freen looked at her before stepping aside and letting Becky pass by her. The lingering sent of her ex-lover intriguing her nose when she past her. She closed the door slowly and followed Becky to the living room. Her heart was beating frantically in her chest.

They avoided looking at eachother. Freen was nibbling on her lip, not sure how to break the ice. Eventually Becky broke the silence, shaking her head suddenly.

'I'm- I'm so sorry, this is stupid. I should just go. I don't even know why I came here. Sorry for interrupting your day.' She turned around and was about to step to the door until she felt her wrist being pulled back. With a force, she turned around and was met with Freen's big eyes.

After 7 years, her ex-lover's body was back being inches away from her. Breathing the same air, the hand on her wrist shooting electricity through her body.

'Please don't...' she heard a fragile voice say. 'Please don't leave me again.' That was it. Goosebumps spread all over her body.

An overwhelming feeling came over her. Hearing Freen say it like that, broke something inside of Becky. She looked down, she couldn't look at her anymore.

She felt ashamed. But Freen brought her chin back up, locking their eyes. This woke something up in Becky. She felt anger, towards herself. She decided then and there, she would never leave again.