Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A nauseous feeling rested in her stomach. Becky was about to enter her place where her fiancé was waiting for her to come home.

She jiggled her keys nervously before opening the door. She was welcomed with the smell of delicious food.

A rare sight of her fiancé wearing a cooking shirt, he was making them dinner. Even more guilt shot up in her throat. She gulped it back down and closed the door behind her. Letting out a nervous sign, she entered their apartment.

'Oh hi honey, you're right on time. How was your day?' He asked her with a lovely smile on his face. Normally Becky would melt at his smile. But this time, she almost threw up.

She felt the blood draining from her face and sweat forming on her fore head. 'It was good. How about yours?' She managed to say without spilling her lunch. She quickly changed the subject to him.

'Good, it was good. The usual, you know.' He responded while taking out plates in the cabinet and putting them on the dinner table.

'What is all this?' Becky asked him. He looked at her for a second before responding 'Just some nice dinner. I wanted to discuss some thing with you.' He said with a serious face.

After he said that, the first thing Becky thought was 'he knows.' She felt her heart sank and became even more nervous. But then why would he welcome her so nicely. No, he definitely didn't know what she did.

'Alright, I'll get changed really quick.' Becky escaped to their room. She let her back rest against the closed door and let out the breath she was holding.

How was she ever going to tell him this. Tell him that she kissed someone else and that someone was her ex girlfriend from 7 years ago. All that while she was getting married in just a couple weeks.

'I can't do this. I can't do this now.' She was getting scared from her own thoughts. She had to calm down right now or she would have a panic attack.

She took one last deep breath and held herself together. She quickly changed out off her clothes and got back to the kitchen.

Nop was patiently waiting for her at the table. When he saw her, he took her chair and gestured for her to sit down.

They made some casual small talk about their day before Nop interrupted their comfortable silence.

'I was wondering, honey, about our honeymoon after the wedding. We haven't yet decided on where to go.' Relief washed over Becky's whole body.

Was this the thing he wanted to talk about? She let her tense shoulder lower and thought about his question.

Speaking about this was definitely weird for her now. She would have to lie to him about wanting to go on this trip. She didn't have the guts to tell him 'i'm cheating on you and i don't know where my head is at. Probably up my ass...' So she lied.

She lied so she wouldn't have to deal with this tonight. But then again, when will she deal with it. She couldn't wait to long because off the wedding... also cheating felt like shit. But hurting him felt even more shit.

'What about Vietnam? I've always wanted to go there.' He took in her answer and thought about it. He swallowed away his bite. 'Alright, that sounds really nice. Do you thing you could look up some trip and book us something?' He asked her.

'Yeah sure, I'll look for it tomorrow.' She didn't feel any excitement anymore. She felt disgusted with herself. Pretending to like it, when she was not.

Their conversations died down. She felt awkward talking to him, but she did her best not to show it to much. She would often give him a reassuring smile from across the table.