Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Becky came home that night totally out of it. Her thoughts were all over the place. She was mad at herself, wanted to punch herself.

How could she be so stupid.  She thought she had it under control... guess she never did after all. Yuki was right, this was a dangerous road she was headed.

She was sitting on the couch in her living room in the dark. Nop was already asleep and snoring in their bedroom.

Staring at nothing into the dark, a small tear escaped and rolled down her red cheeks. Trying to not let any sob escape her lips.

'I can't see her anymore' she whispered to herself. Her face fell in her hands, crying silently. She didn't wanna distance herself from Freen. That was the last thing she wanted, but she knew that she had to.

She was marrying Nop, her fiancé. She loved him, she did. She hasn't figured out her feelings for Freen yet. I mean, they're definitely there. But did she love her? Is she in love with her? Why did she kiss her... and Freen kissed her back? So many questions, she was going crazy.

Closing her eyes, she tried a breathing exercise to came her self down. She sat there in silence, her mind went quiet. Her breathing was getting steady again.

She was thinking about a memory. She was walking on the beach, enjoying the beautiful sunset.

The wind was blowing her hair slightly and cooled down her warm glowing skin. She felt the warm sand between her toes. She closed her eyes, letting the sun touch every inch of her face.

She felt a weight lean on her right shoulder, an arm snaked its way around her right arm and intertwined their fingers.
A small smile formed on her lips, knowing who was next to her, enjoying this scene just as much as she was.

Her being here, made this moment even more perfect. She wouldn't wanna experience this with anyone else. She took a mental picture of the girl next to her, looking so relaxed. She locked the memory safely away in her heart.

She opened her eyes again. She felt a little confused by the sudden memory. That was more the 8 years ago. But she couldn't help but think that her heart was opening up a part again that she closed off for a long time.

'I've always loved her... and I probably always will.' She realised. She threw her head back and cried again.
It went on till she was so tired she fell asleep with tears on her cheeks.

—————————————————————

Freen on the other hand finally got home. After 5 minutes of figuring out how her house keys worked again, she entered her appartment.

Leaning on the counter table in the kitchen, she was reliving their kiss. Unconsciously her hand touched her lips where Becky passionately kissed her. She tasted just the same as she could remember. It felt like tasting her favorite fruit.

She knew what she wanted and she also knew what Becky wanted. She could tell by the way Becky kissed her. She felt almost desperate for her lips.

And that's why Freen knew it was best to distance herself. They would put eachother through hell if she did what she desired to do.

Becky was marrying someone else, a man for heaven sake.

And so that's when she decided to step back. She was gonna let Becky know that what happend wasn't her fault and that it didn't mean anything, that she was gonna let Becky live her life and she her's.

She would do it tomorrow, now was not a good timing. Taking this decision hurt alot. But it was the mature thing to do. She let out a sigh, feeling an intense sadness in her chest. They weren't even together but she was already experiencing a heartache.