Chapter 18

Chapter 18

When Becky woke up that morning, Nop already left for work. The apartment was cold and kinda dark. She got up from the couch and stretched her stiff muscles. Her neck was gonna kill her today.

She massaged a sore spot, trying to ease the tension there. She let out a deep sigh, exhausted from last night. All the memories came back to her, giving her a headache.

She had to face Nop again tonight, try to discuss the future for them. She was in no condition, but she had no choice.

She got herself dressed, but didn't feel like going to her shop today. There was no energy in her body. The bed looked very appealing, but she decided to call Yuki. She surely knows what to do or how to make Becky feel better.

'Can I come over today?' Becky immediately asked as soon as she heard Yuki answer her phone. Yuki could hear by her tone of voice that Becky was not okay.

'Ofcourse, just stop by whenever you want. I'm free today.' Her best friend assured her.

'Alright, I'll be there soon.' Becky ended the call. She needed her friend today. She got all her stuff and was about to leave when she heard the front door open.

Nop entered their home, much to Becky's surprise. They both stopped their movements. Nop looked at her, checking her out.

'Where are you going?' Nop asked. His question was full of condescension and disgust. Becky was surprised with the way his question came out.

'Are you off to cheat on me again?' He looked at her, his face showed a mixture of anger, disgust and lust. Nerves sinked into her stomach. She suddenly felt a little scared. Her breathing was getting more laboured by the second.

'What are you doing here?' Becky asked him. She wanted to know what his intentions were. She slowly took a step backwards.

'Just wanted to see my fiancé.' He emphasised the last word. It made Becky gulp. They stood there in silence for what felt like hours. After several awkward seconds Becky couldn't stand it anymore. She turned around and started walking back to the living room, wanting to create some space between them.

But she got stopped abruptly and was met with a force against her back. Nop had his hands around her waist, holding her tightly against him. He took a deep breath in, smelling her hair. Becky froze with his actions, not being able to push him away.

'Nop please, stop this.' Becky pleaded him, but it was like she was talking to a wall. He didn't hear anything she said. His hands kept roaming around her body, making tears starting to form in Becky's eyes. She was scared.

But his movements suddenly came to a stop. She felt his hand slowly go up to her neck and turn her chin the other way, like he was examining something. That's when Becky remembered the bruise she had on her neck, Freen's love mark on her skin.

Thinking about the girl, made Becky wake up. She pushed his hands away and got out of his grip. He stared into nothing, like he just saw a ghost and didn't dare to move anymore.

Becky stood there trying to catch her breath, adrenaline rushing through her veins. Nop's eyes looked up to her's, the anger was dripping out of it.

Jealousy was driving him mad. Seeing the bruise, made it all more real for him. Examining the actual evidence of his partner cheating on him. It felt like a dagger was plunged and twisted into his heart.

'Get out.' His voice was filled with anger, but it came out low and controlled. There wasn't a worst moment for Becky's body to stop working, but her feet were nailed to the floor.