Chapter 11

Chapter 11

It's been 2 days since Freen heard anything from Becky. She has been debating the whole morning on texting her a message. She needed them to meet up.

She wanted to know where she stands and what the freaking hell was going on. She can't take this anymore.

'Okay, enough.' She grabbed her phone and sent her a text message.

- I need to talk with you, can we meet up today?

It was a simple message. She waited for not longer than a minute before getting a text back.

- ofcourse, I'll came to your place in an hour.

Alright, so she had an hour to figure out how to handle this situation. She tried to think about what she wanted to say, but everything disappeared the moment she heard a soft knock on her front door.

She walked up to the door, taking a final deep breath before opening it.

There she was again, mesmerised by Becky's piercing eyes. She gulped but managed to speak.

'Please, come in.' Freen said with a small smile. Becky gave her a shy smile back, her eyes focused on the ground. They just couldn't help it.

Becky sat herself down in the living room, Freen already made them some tea. So she carefully sat down next to her.

'How are you?' Freen asked. She was unsure about how to start this conversation. She saw Becky gulp, she was stressed.

This didn't sit right with Freen. Becky was losing colour in her face.

'A little tired, but fine.' Becky finally responded. It's then that Freen noticed the bags under her eyes. There were tears forming in her eyes. And somehow she even looked skinnier than usual.

She didn't look good, she didn't look health. Freen suddenly felt worried.

'Hey w- what's going on? Beck, talk to me.'  Becky looked at her with tears about to roll down her cheeks.

'I cant't do this...' She bust out crying. Freen was taken aback but quickly got by her side and comforted her, drawing circles on her back.

She felt her heart breaking at the sight of Becky crying and falling apart. All because of her. She shouldn't have put her in to this position. She knew that Becky was marrying someone.

Now she was paying the price. The one she loved was suffering because of her actions once again.

She promised herself years ago she would never do that to someone again. But look at her now, yet again someone was suffering because of her.

She signed, she was angry at herself. How could she do this to Becky. She needed to fix this. Eventho she had to break her own heart, she wouldn't let it be Becky's heart this time.

'I'm sorry.' She said suddenly. Becky looked up from her hands with red eyes.
Not understanding what Freen was saying sorry for.

'I'm sorry for putting you through this.' Freen was getting upset with herself.

'I should know better than to put us in this situation. This has to stop, this is my fault.' She said frustrated.

Becky was confused but didn't know what to respond. This wasn't Freen's fault. It was both off them.

'I should let you go Beck. I can't take seeing you like this. I can see this is eating you up inside and that is not worth it. You clearly love him enough to the point where you're struggling so hard. Please, I don't want to be the reason of you losing sleep or appetite.' Becky was quiet.