Chapter 26

Chapter 26

*6 month time jump*

'The jury has unanimously determined that  based on the evidence presented in this room, as to count one, attempted murder on miss Sarocha Freen.... You are sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.' An eruption of screams filled the room.

Some were out of relief and justice, others out of horror and disbelief. On one side of the room, the family and close relatives of Nop were seated. On the other side Freen's family and friends.

Today was Nop's trial and if Becky heard correctly Nop was just sentenced to life in prison. She looked at Nop on the other side of the room, seeing his broken expression on his unkempt face. It sent chills down her spine. She didn't recognise him anymore, especially in the orange suit and handcuffs that he was wearing. This person was not her friend anymore.

She was still looking at him when he turned around in her direction, connecting their eyes. He looked at her with this murderous look in his eyes. Becky gulped with fear.

The officers around him grabbed his arms and led him into a room, separating him from everyone.

Freen came running down the aisle to Becky, engulfing her in a tight hug. Her fear was slowly leaving her body now that she had her love in her arms.

'We won, Beck. We don't have to worry about him anymore. Everything is going to be okay.' The words comforted her. The past 6 months were hard for them.

All the lawsuits they had to be present at. The fear that he might just try something else, something even worse. It haunted Becky's mind constantly, fearing of losing her again.

But that changed today. He was being sent away for the rest of their lives. They could live a peaceful life now.

'I wanna go home.' Becky pleaded, looking into Freen's eyes. She was done with everything. She just wanted to go home and be with her girlfriend. She wanted to forget everything about Nop, the lawsuits, his family, this whole day.

'We'll be home in no time. Let's get out of here.' Freen understood why she wanted to leave. The other side of the courtroom was staring at the couple with nasty looks.

Freen quickly went to thank her lawyer and friends for supporting and then grabbed Becky's hand, guiding her towards their car.

Becky was silent, just quietly staring out of the window. Freen noticed immediately, so she stretched out her hand, intertwining their fingers. She held on to her hand tightly, showing her support.

Becky looked at their hands for a second. Then brought it up to her mouth to kiss the back of Freen's hand. She turned to look at Freen, thankful she had her right beside her. Relief settled into Becky's stomach.

'Don't hold back your tears Beck. Just let them out. Today was a lot, I know. But from now on, we can focus on us again. We can forget this day and just start a new.' Freen always knew exactly what to say, she could read Becky's mind like no other.

'I would love that.' Becky said teary-eyed. She grabbed their intertwined hands with her other hand tightly.

'I think I want to move out of Bangkok for a while.' Becky spoke her thoughts aloud. Freen was surprised to hear this. She definitely understood why Becky wanted to get away from everything, but what about her shop and friends?

'If that's what you really want, then I'm fully on board.' Freen said, knowing that Becky really needed to hear those words right now. Together, they will figure out the detail later. As long as they had each other, they could get through anything.