╰┈➤23~ Calm Before The Storm

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

The straw hats had been sailing for a day, they were whining about missing vivi while zoro rubbed his head in annoyance, y/n just sat off to the side on a table.

It was evident to everyone that the thick, suffocating atmosphere was still present, y/n refused all of Luffy's offers to play any games with him, chopper, and usopp, y/n no longer had a constant smile, which in a way felt therapeutic, he didn't have to put up a front now, but this still wasn't the ideal situation.

The sound of a door opening rang through their ears, "glad we're off that island" robin came through the door, and everyone except y/n went into panic mode and grabbed their weapons, pointing them in her direction.

She used her devil fruit ability to smack the weapons out of their hands, "Monkey D. Luffy, have you forgotten what you did to me?" she pulled out a chair and sat opposite to y/n, he grumbled and sent her a warning glare before going back to minding his own business.

Sanji grabs luffy by the collar of his shirt and starts violently shaking him, "what did you do?!?" he yelled, luffy looked over at robin, "what do you want?" he asked in an annoyed voice.

"Let me join your crew"

"Fat chance cowgirl slut" y/n said giving her another glare, her expression stayed the same, that sickening smile on her face, sanji heard this and blew a fuse.

He marched over to y/n and grabbed his collar, "I don't care who you think you are, but don't think I'll let you sit here and disrespect a woman" he spoke with a dark glare.

Y/n scoffed and shoved him off, robin chuckled at this, "Do not worry, it's nothing more than playful banter, I'm sure he has no problem with me considering he didn't attack me yesterday"

Something seemed to click in Zoro's mind, "you knew she was on board... And you didn't tell us?"

'Great, now Zoro's mad at me to' y/n let out a sigh through his nose and placed his hands over his face, he could feel multiple eyes glaring at him, 'this could not get worse...'

"Sure, you can join my crew"

"LUFFY YOU DUMB BITCH"

-

After a while everyone calmed down, and the group reluctantly excepted their captain's orders, y/n had moved to the boy's cabin, Zoro's glare on him making him feel uncomfortable.

He was left to mope in the corner, he felt like shit, utter dog shit, but no matter how he looked at it he couldn't see how this was his fault, sure killing people was 'wrong' but they were baroque works agents, and he was a pirate, an open criminal, and he understood why zoro would be mad about him not saying anything about robin but shes a part of the crew now anyway so it doesn't really matter.

He felt a headache forming, his stomach twisting into an unsettling knot, he felt like throwing up, screaming, and he couldn't help the itching feeling to fight, he wanted to fight them... Make them except him...

His breath went rugged as his eyelids and figure tips twitched, he was snapped out of his thoughts when someone called for him above deck.

He reluctantly opened the hatch and walked over to robin, the person who called for him,

"What" he spat at her, not in the mood for her undertone teasing, she handed him a letter, it looked scruffy, y/n's name scribbled on the back.

"It came in the mail with the newspaper"

Y/n gave it a double take, and he saw written in the corner, 'from ace' Despite ace being a horny asshole, he and y/n did have quite an interactive friendship, when y/n was with the marines ace would write him a letter every one to two weeks, they were never long, just a quick update and cheek in.

Y/n almost never responded, he was a marine for god's sake! He couldn't be conversing with the enemy, but over time he started to grow accustomed to the letters, they become a part of his life, one he never knew he'd miss so much.

After y/n's 'execution,' ace had no way of tracking him, so he wasn't able to send any letters, they were such insignificant things... and yet y/n almost felt like crying from receiving it, in a single moment he was reminded of how friends were supposed to act...

Ace put in so much effort to keep in contact...

No matter how many times y/n would do something drastic, he was always there, even if it wasn't in person...

Y/n rushed off to the kitchen and slammed the door shut, thankfully sanji was too busy being a whore for nami that he wasn't present in the kitchen.

Y/n sat down and opened it, he felt slightly giddy, this is what he needed, especially with all the drama surrounding him right now.

He pulled it open and started to read it.

"To my beloved <3,

Hey y/n, just wanted to write since I haven't in a while,

It's only been like two or three days and I already miss your fat tits :(,

I saw your new wanted poster! I hung it on my wall, like a piece of art,

We didn't really get to have any 'proper' conversations in alabasta but can you blame me? I hadn't seen you in like 7 months!?! I needed to catch up on all the horny thoughts I'd been missing,

You seemed off though, I guess It was because of the whole smoker thingy,

If you ever want to talk, just write me a letter :)

Singed - Your future husband.

Like I said, very short, even if half of it was ace being horny, he still put in the effort to send a whole ass letter, when the people right outside the room he was in couldn't even comprehend that.

Suddenly y/n came to a realisation, one he was hopping he wouldn't, for the moment he chose to ignore it and let out a heavy sigh, thinking of something else instead,

'I should've just joined the whitebeards' he thought trying to distract himself from his other thoughts...