╰┈➤28~ Done, Gone, But Not Forgotten

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

The air was thick, an overall tense feeling residing in every straw hat member, a silent staring contest going on between y/n and zoro.

Neither said anything, and zoro had no reaction to what y/n had just said, there was nothing for y/n to add, and there was nothing zoro had to say on the matter, y/n was expecting zoro to lash out after his blunt explanation, but he should've assumed that zoro would act stone cold in any situation involving feelings.

Y/n silently turned away from zoro and walked over towards luffy, as y/n stood at luffys side, both of them facing opposite directions, y/n took luffys straw hat off of his head and shoved it into luffys chest.

"I quit"

Y/n spoke loud enough for the group to hear, y/n took in a deep breath and started to walk in forwards away from the group, and into the thick forestry.

Luffy's grip on his hat tightened as he silently placed it on his head, he wanted to beg y/n to stay with the crew, to stay with him, but he already had, luffy did all that he thought he could, because even if he was the straw hat's leader, he couldn't control their actions or thoughts.

As y/n walked off, there was a strange ambience in the air, it was not one of shock, or guilt, it was simply nothing, the only actual feelings being expressed were from luffy, everyone else was quietly sitting, not moving a muscle.

They stayed this way for a couple of minutes, until y/n was completely out of site, zoro took a deep sigh, and sat back down on the floor, robin glanced over at him.

"Y/n just said someone who you presumably know killed themselves, you seem to be taking it well" she stated as the other straw hats looked over to zoro, the attention now being on him.

Zor leaned back, almost looking relaxed, "He was lying, Kuina would never end her own life, she was too headstrong for that, and we made a promise to each other, Y/n was just getting defensive and spouting crap, he's done it in the past, he's doing it again" zoro stated.

"He doesn't seem like the type to lie about someone's death" Robin said calmly, "In case you've forgotten he was a mass murderer in the Marines" usopp reminded her, "perhaps, but still, he never claimed to not be a killer, and from as far as I can tell you've known that he was one since he joined" she stated, robin had read a newspaper article on y/n before they had met.

Zoro just grunted, "Trust me I've known him longer than you have, plus, he's gone now, let old dog lie" Zoro grunted, he was going to continue until the group heard a small sniffle, they looked over to see luffy had tears streaming down his face as he covered his eyes with the brim of his hat.

Luffy didn't say anything, instead, he continued to quietly sob, zoro sighed, his captain was so emotional, which is why as his right-hand man zoro needed to be the rock that balanced out that emotion.