Chapter 29

"What kind of monster are you?" snarled Wanda looking directly into Loki's red eyes.

While summoning his frost powers, the god had completely reverted into his Jotun form. His skin was of a beautiful deep blue marred with narrow ridges in a unique pattern that seemed to move further than his hands. Loki's eyes were bright crimson. Despite that, he was still remarkably Loki in every way possible. The hair, the face were definitely him. Anyone expecting Thor to come and defend his younger brother would be greatly mistaken. The thunderer was looking at Loki with visible disgust. The Aesirs and the Jotuns had been enemies for generations. Still, they had been raised as brothers. Surely, some positive feelings should have been there.

"That's rich coming from you." stated Agatha her voice as cold as the ice Loki had been producing just a second before. "He just saved your life even though you wanted to kill us all not so long ago. If there is a monster here, it's you."

Wanda's red magic pooled around her hands, threatening, but Agatha was ready for her. If she wanted a fight, she was going to get one. Agatha had wanted to teach that woman a lesson since their first encounter. She knew Loki would come to her aid if ever she needed it. Agatha would not need it. At all.

"She's only a kid! She didn't know what she was getting herself into." argued Captain America.

Both teams were closing ranks on each side, ready for a battle. To put it mildly, things would not be pretty. And wasn't everything really strange. Captain America was actually defending two young adults who had volunteered for Hydra. In the comics, he was never shown to be so forgiving of Nazis. Quite the contrary. After seventy years under the ice, some things had changed apparently. It would put anyone's life into perspective. Whatever the great Captain America thought about the situation or the twins wasn't exactly their problem. The Maximoff had been murdering a lot of people, innocent or not. Justice needed to be served so the families could finally get some peace.

Fury decided to appear at that exact moment. The bastard knew to make an entrance. He walked between the two groups as if he had authority over them. He certainly had the attitude of someone who was used to being obeyed. The old pirate was looking at the bit and pieces of what had once been Ultron. Everybody was waiting for him to say something and he knew it.

"Stark? You gonna take care of that? And what is inside of that church?" he barked.

"Considering how good you people are with technology, I think it's safer."

"Good. Get to it. We are done here."

After those words, Fury turned around and headed back to his Avengers, motioning for them to follow him. That included Peter and Wanda Maximoff apparently. Fury wasn't scared of yet another of his shady tactics.

"Those two are not going anywhere with you, Fury. Justice is waiting for them." shouted Tony as the repulsor on his hand started charging audibly.

Wanda was ready to fight once more. Her reaction to everything was to summon her magic. The woman didn't seem to care about the people she would harm as long as she got her way. There would always be witches or sorcerers who would only do what was good for them and only for them. Chaos magic was making her even more dangerous. That magic had the ability to twist, distort and rebuild the very fabric of reality and existence but more often than not it would only destroy it in the process. Wanda had no idea of the kind of powers she was wielding. She was not careful at all with the way she was using them.

Fury whispered something to the people around him. Unfortunately too far for any of Tony's side to understand what had been said. Then, with a flare of his coat, the man turned around. And they claimed Tony was the diva. Really, they weren't looking at themselves too closely in the mirror. They would probably not like what they would see.