Chapter 46

All hell broke loose. Chaos erupted as Wanda unleashed her powers on the group with fury. She was specifically aiming for Tony. After all, he was the source of all the bad things in her life, both past and present. Her magic was constantly responding to her emotions. The team, on the other hand, was prepared for her attack. They didn't want the fight, but they weren't going to avoid it.

When Agatha and Tony first became friends, she had made a point of inducing the Iron Man suit with her magic, imbuing the metal with all kinds of defensive magic runes. As her circle grew, she extended this protection to the War Machine and Wasp suits as well. Loki also added his own magic for more protection. Although Agatha and Loki's magics were similar, their areas of expertise were different, and so their studies had not been the same. Together, they had considered and prepared for nearly every potential magical threat.

Tony, on the other hand, was always looking for ways to protect all of the team. He designed their body armour to be both functional and fashionable, with a focus on being lightweight, comfortable, and highly effective. They were more than just teammates, they had become a family, with each member looking out for one another to the best of their abilities.

Loki would never let anything happen to any of his friends, especially not by such a low level being. He found her to be an eyesore just by being there. Midgard was not known for its magical practitioners in the same way that Alfheim or Vanaheim were, but still, like any other realm, it had some. The planet didn't have access to Yggdrasil to travel the way the other realms had. Going to other worlds for studying was not possible for them. They had to learn their craft mainly on their own. They had done so quite beautifully.

During their magical conversation, Agatha had been sharing her studies on the many texts and manuscripts she had discovered throughout the years on Midgard, as well as the various people she had met, both friends and foes. Despite their paths being sometimes convoluted, and their intentions being less than stellar, all those people had managed to improve their skills, and find new paths to make their magic their own.

Wanda Maximoff was unwilling to work on herself. She thought she knew it all already. Any natural talents she had once possessed were now tainted by the mind stone. Her powers had grown in intensity but her control had stayed the same, non-existent. Loki's magic had been everything to him since the very beginning, his safe haven if there ever was one. He intimately knew how to wield it effectively. He had learned to use his feelings as a tool, rather than letting them consume him. He had admittedly lost his mind but not his grasp on his magic. Despite the fact that he had been punished for them, his powers had saved him more often than not. On the other hand, that woman didn't respect anything or anyone. Wanda's reckless behaviour and lack of control made her a liability to herself and the whole of the nine realms.

Loki kept moving forward, his gaze fixed on the witch. He was feeling a sense of determination deep within his heart. He knew he had to stop that woman, not just for his own safety and peace of mind, but also for the sake of the rest of the world. Her powers were dangerous and destructive, fueled with rage, and Wanda could not be allowed to continue using them without feeling the consequences of her own actions. Loki could sense her anger and frustration growing as he skillfully continued to dodge and deflect her bolts of red magic.

The witch was becoming increasingly agitated by Loki's nonchalant attitude, making her magic disappear with a simple and lazy flick of his hand. Things were getting worse. The witch was not used to being bested. Like a child, she was frustrated by not getting her way right away. Loki was faster and more powerful than she would ever hope to be. He didn't feel the least bit threatened by that woman. He remained cool and focused as he continued to neutralise anything she was sending his way.