Chapter 52

Agatha had started her campaign against General Ross. Jarvis and Friday were a huge help. Her plan had to change slightly. The public's attention was still on what had happened recently. Some people, particularly in the USA, were quite happy that a man, albeit a non-enhanced one, had stood up to the Avengers. Agatha and her team still enjoyed a good reputation, but she would prefer to maintain it. She didn't want the situation to get too personal for her and her team.

As a result, Friday and Jarvis sowed the seed of doubt. They dropped a comment here, a tip to a journalist there. The process was taking longer than what she would have wanted. The media had that tendency to put the blame on Tony for everything, even if he had no involvement or influence in the event.

It gave them a chance to catch a breath and to live a little, as normally as they could. Hela wanted to explore this new world. They would start with New York. Things needed to be done little by little. Hela's mental health was their priority. She was more fragile than what she would let on. Agatha was ready to woo her properly. They had to catch up on a lot of things.

Tony had suggested a number of potential places for dates for Agatha. Tha man had his own plans centred on Hope, while Bruce might have some ideas concerning Loki. Dating wasn't easy for famous superheroes. Everybody was always recognising them wherever they went and even if they loved to interact with the people, sometimes they just wanted to enjoy their dates. Their relationships were at different stages but love was definitely in the air.

"The food on Midgard is truly extraordinary," Hela remarked in the Italian restaurant Agatha had chosen for them.

Having lived for so many years in the dark without anything, Hela had become hungry for everything life would throw her way. Before dinner, they visited one of the numerous museums of New York where the art, regardless of the form or time period, spoke to the goddess in many ways. Those things were made by people from all walks of life. In some ways, those works were life, all the opposite of what she was supposed to embody. They all had a second chance at life. They could be whoever they wanted to be. Nobody could stop them.

"I don't mind all the restaurants and outings, but when are we going to take things to the next level? I love the food and spending this time with you. All the courtship is causing us to waste a lot of precious time."

Hela had a direct way of speaking her mind, and Agatha couldn't deny that she had a point. Despite feeling a bit nervous, Agatha couldn't help but smile. She had been on edge for some time, trying to build up the courage to kiss Hela. It was almost like she was back in her youth, second-guessing herself about everything constantly. Agatha should have known better, especially about anything concerning Hela.

Everything was just right now. They were sitting in a booth, shielded from prying eyes. Soft lighting and a flickering candle set the mood. The day had been fantastic, and the food had been even better. Agatha finally leaned in closer to Hela. Their kiss was unhurried and gentle. They would no longer waste time, but they would still enjoy every aspect of their relationship. The life ahead of them would be beautiful, they promised themselves that.

Agatha and Hela decided to walk back to the tower, relishing their newfound intimacy. On Asgard, such a display of affection would not have been tolerated. The Aesirs did not approve of same-sex relationships. If two women were caught together, they would face harsh punishment, but it paled in comparison to the punishment for two men. That wasn't right in any case. The matters of the heart should never be under Odin's control. Despite everything that had happened, there was a silver lining.

In the common room, Loki and Bruce were engrossed in a movie when Agatha and Hela returned from their date. The men invited them to watch alongside them. Both of them were seated as close together as they could without appearing overly intimate. It made Agatha feel sad. The weight of Asgard's backward views had taken its toll on Loki. Bruce wasn't an Aesir. He wasn't going to live forever. For the sake of everyone, she hoped that Idunn's tree would bear many fruits as soon as possible.