Chapter 69

Tony expected to be apprehensive just hours before his wedding, and that it would worsen as the ceremony approached. He couldn't help but wonder if he was truly husband material, but he was determined to give it his all. He felt thrilled, even impatient, but anxious? No, quite the contrary. Nobody, not even Strange with the time stone, could look into the future with assurance. The possibilities were limitless, but Tony had never been more certain of anything or anyone in his life. He was turning impatient.

The wedding was an intimate affair. Hope and Tony only wanted to be surrounded by their friends and family. They deliberately kept it a secret to prevent the press from swarming the venue. They cherished the privacy of the moment, focusing on the love they shared and the beginning of their new journey together.

"It will be an honour for me to bless your union." Idunn joyfully told them when they approached her with the request to officiate the ceremony.

Under the majestic leaves of Yggdrasil, Tony and Hope would exchange their vows. Hundreds of lights had been magically placed within its branches by Agatha and Loki's magic, creating almost thousands of little stars among its branches. Rhodey and Bruce had thoughtfully arranged two rows of white chairs for their guests. The tree, blooming with pink and purple blossoms, looked outwardly, a breathtaking sight at the centre of the vibrant green clearing. The air was filled with a delightful fragrance emanating from the petite white flowers scattered all around. The setting was truly romantic and deeply meaningful.

Hope had chosen a vintage dress that gracefully embraced her figure. At first sight, it appeared modest with its V-neck, short sleeves, and flowing skirt. But as the sunlight caressed its surface, a mesmerising display of a thousand beads sparkled in intricate patterns that made one think about the art deco style. Her hair was elegantly swept up in a loose bun, crowned with a crystal-embellished hairpiece resembling Jasmine flowers. The sight of her beauty left Tony breathless, captivated by her presence.

He was dressed in a sophisticated grey three-piece suit, complemented by an arc reactor blue bowtie. The weather had aligned perfectly. It was warm enough for Hope not to feel cold in her dress, yet not overly hot for him dressed in such formal attire. It seemed as if the universe itself conspired to bless their wedding day. Perhaps the enchanted tree played a role in this magnificent day.

However, one person was not in agreement. Hank Pym. The old man had grown distant, unwilling to communicate with his own daughter ever since she aligned herself with a different team than his own. In his eyes, Stark men were nothing but liars, thieves, and all around bad people. Despite his disapproval, Hope continued to choose Tony repeatedly, and this had driven a wedge between father and daughter. They had drifted apart, left with nothing in common and nothing to say to each other anymore.

"I'm truly sorry, Hope." Tony had said sincerely when she attempted to reach out to her father. "I can speak with him if you want."

"No, don't worry. I wished he could be happy for me, but it is what it is. At least I gave it a try," Hope replied, a little bit disappointed.

Since neither of their parents could be there for different reasons, Tony and Hope decided to walk the short distance together down the aisle, from the edge of the clearing to the tree. They met at the back, before the rows of chairs started, smiling at each other like two infatuated teenagers experiencing love for the very first time.

"You look stunning," Tony complimented, gently kissing the hand that would soon wear the wedding ring.

"You look amazing yourself," Hope responded in the same caring tone, smiling softly. "But bow ties just aren't your thing."