DWI

"Just come get me, pleaseeee," Erin begged her little sister, Destiny. It was just past two PM on a Sunday afternoon and a big storm would be dropping right on top of them within the next hour. "I don't wanna drive," at this point Erin was whining, even.

"I just want you to know how dumb it was for you to drink so much that you can't drive home."

"I mean, I could but I'm not. I'm being responsible." Erin's genuine effort into sounding serious was overshadowed by her past-tipsy laugh which was followed by a hiccup.

"Oh God, I'm on my way." Destiny quickly hung up the phone and headed to the popular brunch spot her sister was at with her friends. It wasn't that she drank too much, it was that she never drank at all, so two and a half mimosas and a flight of mini frozen margaritas later, Erin was done for.

Erin sat at the bar stool with her one leg crossed over the other and leaned back against the bar top. Her girlfriends were still enjoying themselves but she was ready to go. Her social media battery was draining by the minute. She'd already been waiting fifteen minutes so her sister shouldn't be too far away.

Erin's phone vibrated and she looked down at the screen. It was a text from her new boo, Brett. She had been seeing him for about six months now so things were starting to get pretty serious. In fact, her face lit up every time his name flashed across her screen.

Send me a picture.

Erin read the message and bit her bottom lip with a grin. Say please she typed as she hopped off of the bar stool and headed straight for the restroom. She could disappear for moments on end and they'd never notice with her being the introverted one. They were too busy playing Jenga anyway.

No.

Erin went inside of the single person restroom and locked the door. Erin fixed the top of her yellow tube dress and snapped a couple of sexy pictures for Brett, then sent them to him.

Erin found herself wishing he wasn't at work. She would give anything to have him waiting at her place when her sister dropped her off. When they first met, their chemistry was off the charts, nothing like Erin had ever felt before so it had been extremely hard sticking to her 90 day rule. That was new. Usually she never had a problem with waiting but Brett had a way of bringing out a side of her she never knew existed. In fact, he had her body twisted in contorted in ways she didn't know was possible — especially since she wasn't the most petite thing on the block. She was voluptuous in all the right places. When Beyoncé recorded Thique, nobody couldn't tell Erin the song wasn't about her.

Like a true southern girl, she was cornbread fed and Brett loved all of it.

I need to see that in person.
Now.

Trust me, I want you to do more than
see it in person but somebody had to work
🙄

Where are you?

At Morning Snooze, waiting for
my sister to get me. I'm a little
drunk 🤪 👉🏾👌🏾

Mmm, we could have some
fun then.

I want you NOW.

I bet you do. Let me know
when you're home.

Yes sir 😍

Erin dropped her phone into her purse and exited the bathroom just in time. Her sister was there, twenty-five minutes after their phone call and texting her to hurry outside, a storm was coming and she hated to drive in the rain.

"I'm out!" Erin gave each one of her three girlfriends a heartfelt hug and a promise to hang out again soon, then she made her exit.

"Oh God," Destiny shook her head and got out of the car. Erin was definitely past-tipsy as she'd said. She could barely walk straight and if that wasn't a telltale sign, the grin on her face sure was.