The Lecture

Yasmin

I've never in my life seen a man so beautiful before
I've never in my life seen a man so beautiful before. Here I am, sitting in lecture, unable to focus because of the guy that was sitting next to me.

Well really I'd sat next to him. I usually would sit in the front because Lord knows I need all my attention on this class. But at our last exam, I saw him. We'd turned in our scantrons at the same time and I couldn't stop staring. He's had a backwards cap over his unruly, curly black hair and long lashes that framed his seemingly sad eyes which were a striking light brown color. As if that weren't enough, he had dimples deep enough for me to swim in. My eyes dropped to his hands and I swooned. Call me crazy but you can tell a lot about a man from his hands.

His fingers were long and his palm was big enough to handle me how I liked. But the most important part was the fact that his nails were neatly groomed.

For every class following that encounter, I would slyly look for him. He would always sit in the back of the classroom in the same seat, seemingly bored but always taking notes. He would usually sit with this other guy who I didn't find half as attractive but was still nice looking in his own right.

Today was my luckily day because I showed up to class late and Mr. Handsome was sitting alone.

I asked him if anyone was sitting in the empty seat and he said no.

Not wanting to be obvious, I left the seat that would be his friend's between us empty.

Resting my elbow on the table, I placed my chin in my palm and stared disinterestedly at the PowerPoint my genetics professor was reading through. Don't you hate that? I pay tuition for her to just read shit that she's going to send to us online anyway?

Hearing the hiss of a can, I looked over and saw him opening a Monster drink. He's tired, I poked out my bottom lip in a pout before pulling my pen from my loose bun and began taking notes to distract myself.

There was a space between us so I watched as he stretched his left leg halfway into the seat next to me. I didn't even realize that I was staring until he cleared his throat. "Am I bothering you?" He motioned to his Nike resting in the chair next to me.

His voice, Lord help me. It was rich, deep and raspy and I probably just came in my panties. As if that weren't enough, the black beard that adorned his unshaven face and those intense honey eyes were surely about to send me over the edge. "No," I'm sure my words came out as a moan because his eyes widened.

My cheeks flushed in embarrassment and I quickly turned my head and began doodling in my notebook. I wonder what he tastes like.

I need to chill, I had never in my life been this attracted to a guy on a physical level right off the bat. God, this hour and twenty-minute lecture is going to go by slow as hell.

I turned my head to steal a glance at him and he was really focused on this lecture while I'm sitting here sexually frustrated. Like that's his problem. I scoffed at myself and he turned to look at me for a moment. I squirmed in my seat, causing his eyes to fall onto my lap.

Squeezing my legs shut, I gently nibbled on my bottom lip all the while looking at him. I wasn't usually so forward but like I said, he was making me feel a lot and I didn't even know his name.

He turned back to the PowerPoint and I instantly felt rejected, that is until he slid into the seat next to me. Thank God we were in the back of the classroom because I'm pretty sure if we were sitting in front of someone, they would've saw his hand on my thigh, slowly caressing it.

"What's your name?" I breathed out as his long fingers slid up the peach colored sundress I was wearing.

"Jude. Farmer. Yours?" He asked and I licked my suddenly dry lips.