If at First You Don't Succeed...

"I don't know what I'm gonna do really. Maybe I'll just study art or something, mathematics is clearly not for me. This'll be my third time changing my major though."

Honestly Logan didn't think he could spend another five minutes with Rebecca without wanting to snap her neck. Being extremely far from the abusive type, this was saying a lot. He'd been chilling with her for a while now, about three months.

It was cool at first, she was a genuinely sweet girl and the sex was phenomenal but he just couldn't wrap his brain around the fact that he'd found her attractive at all. Not physically, physically she was every man's dream. But mentally, she was just not it for him. "What's wrong baby?" Rebecca rose up on her knees on the couch and threw her body across his. Logan sat there with the meanest look on his face, staring off into space. "Were you even listening to me?"

At that question, Logan snapped out of his thoughts and looked at her. Her big green eyes were so hypnotic at first but they had no depth. "I'm sorry, I just...have a lot of shit on my mind right now." He was trying to be patient, she really didn't deserve his frustration with himself to be let out on her.

"Oh, want me to help you out?" As she asked, she slipped from the couch and onto her knees in front of him. How could she possibly think sucking my dick right now would be of any help? Sighing, Logan ran his hand over his face and took a deep breath. "Or not," She glared up at him. "Is there someone else?"

I wish, she won't even talk to me. "No, there isn't!" He snapped and Rebecca backed away with a hurt expression on her face. He'd never yelled at her before.

"You know what?" Rebecca stood up and was about to walk to the bedroom to grab her belongings but he stopped her by pulling her onto his lap.

"Don't go." Logan urged, hoping she would want to leave anyway, but he didn't want to hurt her feelings. "I'm sorry...again."

Sighing, while fighting a smile, Rebecca turned to face him. Getting herself comfortable on his lap while facing him, she moved her hands to his shoulders and started massaging them. "You know, you can talk to me." Rebecca said to him and he felt like why not? All of his friends were at home with their women, living their best lives while snow fell all over Seattle, but not him. He was sitting at home with a twenty year old student who didn't even know how to properly defrost meat.

Granted, the gesture of her wanting to cook dinner for him was sweet, but, watching her put a frozen chicken in the oven agitated him to no end. He really wanted to ask her was she stupid sometimes but he figured it wouldn't go over well.

Lately he'd been more aggressive than usual, quick to irritate and slow to please. For him, it was times like these when he missed her most. She always knew what to do, what to say to calm him down. She knew how to open his mind, how to push him mentally. Even the simple shit she did from washing his clothes to making sure he had at least three meals a day. He remembered nights that she'd stay up til two or three in the morning, meal prepping his food for an entire week when all he had time for was getting his business up and running, and the gym. Through those times, she was only supportive and never complained, ever.

"Or you can listen to me talk because I need someone to talk to as well." Rebecca laid her head on his shoulder. When he didn't reply, she took that as the green light to let herself talk. "So, my best friend blocked me on twitter and I really miss her but I think it's cause she's jealous of our relationship." She shook her head. "Like I have all these nice things now 'cause of you and I told her I may be moving out soon and she just got like...super mad. I've never seen her act like that. What do you think?"

"I think you need to shut the fuck up." Logan said before he could even stop himself. Rebecca sat up with her mouth agape in shock. "Do you listen to yourself sometimes?" Logan glared at her. "All you care about is what other people think and shopping. You can't even fucking cook! How did you get into college?!"