The Appointment

"I'm sorry, I can't make it today, I have a doctor's appointment," I apologized to my mom

"I'm sorry, I can't make it today, I have a doctor's appointment," I apologized to my mom. She wanted to have lunch and of course I had to cancel our plans for the umpteenth time.

"Lacey, you promised!" My mother sounded very disappointed and nothing made me feel worse. Between my job and other responsibilities, I never had time to spend with my parents. As an only child, it was important that I do spend time with them but, I have my own life to live.

"Mom I can't put this off any longer. You told me to take care of myself, I'm going to my gynecologist, we can do dinner." I explained to which she sighed before giving in. After making plans to meet at seven at The Cheesecake Factory, we ended our call.

I tossed my iPhone into my purse with a long sigh and finally got out of my car.  I walked across the small parking lot, into the building.

Noticing the nearly empty waiting room, I smiled. At least there were no kids. I don't remember a time where I came into my gynecologist's office and women had brought their kids with them. Wasn't that...awkward?

Walking over to the  clerk's desk, I grabbed a clipboard and began to fill out the routine sign-in information.

"Amanda, you can send in my twelve o' clock

"Amanda, you can send in my twelve o' clock." I peeked my head in the door crack to the front desk assistant's office. "She's filling out paperwork, once I verify her insurance, I'll send her right in."

Amanda was an amazon; a long legged brunette with bright blue eyes. We went on a couple of dates but decided to keep things platonic for our workplace. She couldn't handle the fact that I look at vaginas all day.

See, I love human anatomy and more specifically, the woman's anatomy. There's something about the things their bodies do that just draw me to them and make me eager to learn more.

How they work, why, and most importantly, how it reacts...to me.

No, I don't screw my patients. I do have a strict policy against that. My mother just retired and passed down her office to me, and I don't plan to mess that up by thinking with the wrong head. So far, so great.