Muse

Something short and sweet 😊

You are a sunflower. The brightest yellow on a sullen day.

Alexander finished his letter and took it to the computer to be scanned. He'd never been good at computers. They annoyed the hell out of him, but he'd challenged himself this time. He'd let his younger brother convince him to get this new technology that allowed him to create his own print.

Why not create a textile in the love letter he'd written to his wife and use that print to make her a beautiful gown?

Getting up from his bench, Alexander went to find her so he could take her bust, waist and hips measurements. They fluctuated by an eighth of an inch every other week. It didn't seem like much, but he was always exact when making sure her garments fit perfectly. "Destiny, love..." he walked into their bedroom.

He found her sitting in the middle of their bedroom floor, looking through pages of her portfolios and an insane amount of photo shoots.

Truthfully, Alexander couldn't even see the imported rug underneath the madness.

"What are you doing?"

She was hunched over the photos in a protective manner. Her hair was pulled up and knotted with a pencil, and she somehow made a wrinkled t-shirt look beautiful.

"Spring cleaning." Destiny stood and pulled the shirt over her head. She didn't care what he was measuring her for. She didn't ask because she knew it would look good. Nothing felt better than wearing the clothes of her husband, one of the most notable, independent names in fashion.

He'd collabed with everyone major and was now starting his own line. Everybody wanted a piece of him.

"Well you have fun with that. I was going to tell you not to wait up but at this rate, I might beat you to bed tonight." He paused to admire her body.

"Let's make a bet," Destiny turned and looked at the endless mountain of photos. "If I get all organized and I beat you to bed," she watched him run his hands along her waist before wrapping the tape around it. "Then," she crawled her slender fingers up his chest until they reached his shoulder, which she pushed down, as if forcing him to his knees.

"Then I'll be a sore winner baby, because win or lose, we're going to be right back here before the night is done."

"You promise?" Destiny bent over to pick up his tee she was wearing only moments before.

"I promise," Alexander sealed the deal with a smack on her ass.