Lesson Learned - II

"Just drop it right there!" Ariel James said to her brother who dropped her box in the middle of the living room which wouldn't have been so bad if it was a carpeted floor instead of hardwood. The loud noise of the box slapping against the floor jolted Ryleigh out of her sleep, causing her to sit up quickly.

"Absolutely fucking not." Ryleigh grabbed her pillow and groaned into it before finally getting out of her bed and going to freshen up. Even though she wanted to tell her roommate to get the hell out until a decent time, she couldn't because one, first impressions and two, she paid rent there as well.

Ryleigh stood in the hallway, next to the living room, silently observing Ariel and her brother with her arms across her chest.

Ariel was the first to notice her and notice her she did. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, did we wake you?" Ryleigh hoped she was naturally that loud in the morning.

"No," Ryleigh lied and Ariel gave her a yeah right look before walking over to her and giving her a hug.

"Since we woke you, the least we can do is treat you to breakfast. I'm Ariel by the way and you must be Ryleigh?"

"Nice to finally meet you," Ryleigh smiled then went to take a seat on the couch. "Hi," Ryleigh waved politely at Ariel's brother whose name she learned was Tanner.

"So, how's it going? How long have you been here?" Ariel plopped on the couch next to her.

"It's been going well. I moved in a week ago and I just started unpacking yesterday...I've been living out of my boxes." Ryleigh shrugged. "When do your classes start?"

"Hmm, I think on Thursday, I'm not sure," Ariel laughed and shook her head. Ariel was a cute girl, she had berry red hair with the tips dyed blonde that set off her green, doe shaped eyes.

"Don't you think you should be?" Ryleigh laughed. Her phone vibrated in her hand, she merely glanced at it before becoming sidetracked with Ariel and her bubbly personality.

"You not gonna get that?" Ariel pointed to Ryleigh's phone. Ryleigh shrugged and unlocked it to check her message. It was from her mother wishing her a good day. Ryleigh told her the same and finally read the message from Chris.

After blushing countless times, she mentally facepalmed after realizing that she actually had fallen asleep on him.

Ryleigh: I am so, so sorry for falling asleep on you.

Chris read her message and smiled, he could only imagine how bad she must've felt but he honestly wasn't upset. They had been talking until nearly three in the morning which surprised him because he wasn't really a night person.

Chris: It's okay, make it up to me with breakfast?

Ryleigh: Can't, my roommate is treating me this morning. What about lunch?

Ryleigh sent the message and anxiously awaited his reply after realizing she'd practically asked him out on a date.

Chris: I'll pick you up at two. Is that too late?

Ryleigh: Two is perfect.

"Oh who's got you smiling?" Ariel grinned at Ryleigh before peeking over at her phone.

"Nobody," Ryleigh tried to play it off a bit but gave into Ariel's pout. "Well, just this guy I met at the cafe yesterday. We practically spent all night texting and he wants to go to lunch."

"Aww! Is he cute?" Ariel gushed. She was a serious sucker for romance, especially after finding her own Prince Charming online. Her brother, Tanner, hadn't been too convinced that Ariel's boyfriend was real until he met him a month ago. Now he was transferring to Seattle to be with her.