Lesson Learned - IV

"Aren't you supposed to be convincing me to risk everything?" Ryleigh asked Chris.

"No, I would never ask you to do that. I just...I barely know you and yet, I feel like I know everything about you. That's..." Chris chuckled, "extremely cliché or whatever but it's the truth."

Ryleigh didn't respond for a few moments. With a sigh, she tore her eyes away from the window, "I can't write. That first night, after we went out, I wrote about you...and now I can't write anything without thinking about you."

She was glad Ariel wasn't home. She could talk to Chris without pressure. "You're my professor." Ryleigh said in disbelief. "Of all the things that could go wrong, this is the worst."

"It doesn't have to be. People should just mind their business." Chris said. "Tell me what you're thinking. What do you feel?"

Ryleigh hopped up on the island in the kitchen and took a deep breath.

"Take your time." Chris leaned against the counter across from her. She was having a hard time trying to find the words.

"I feel a lot honestly. This is so unlike me but it's not because I write about these girls. These situations in fictional worlds and I always thought these characters were people I'd be. But now it's actually me. I feel so much, so soon, so fast." Ryleigh paused. "I'm usually so rational. Well I was before I up and moved here, but part of me, a big part is wanting to say fuck it."

Ryleigh rubbed her temples to try to ward off her frustration with herself. "Is this real? Is this a test? If I'm truly here to find myself, fuck it would definitely be the answer." She looked at him for reassurance but didn't find any.

"Ryleigh this decision is yours. I'm standing here so my decision is very...clear." He licked his lips and didn't try to hide the fact that he was undressing her in his mind.

"Well you're not helping me by looking at me like that!" She snapped. "This isn't a good idea."

"It's taking everything in me not to attempt to convince you physically so..." Chris said boyishly and Ryleigh rolled her eyes at him.

"Am I the only adult present? Are you taking me seriously because we could've stayed at the coffee shop for this. I'm asking you to tell me any positive outcome of this because it's not looking too good for me."

Chris chuckled, "Yeah, you definitely need to relieve some pressure." At that, Chris pushed himself off of the counter and stood in front of Ryleigh. He didn't say anything for a moment, he just stared at her. The moment she broke eye contact, he stole a kiss.

It was slow, very intentional and it made her toes curl in her socks. "Can we at least agree to put this conversation on pause?" He pulled away only to ask her that question. He ran his fingers deftly down her spine, causing her to shiver. All she could do was nod.

"Good."

What started out as teasing kisses in the kitchen, quickly moved into the living room, but the final destination was Ryleigh's bedroom.

It was amazing how much they were able to accomplish after they stopped ravishing each other. Chris had been so into her kisses that it was almost impossible to get his belt off. "Slow down, I'm not going anywhere and neither are you." Ryleigh pushed him back. He fell onto her bed and watched her unbuckle his belt in seemingly one swift moment.

"So," he bit his lip. "That means you have time to sit on my face then?"

Ryleigh climbed up on her bed and straddled him.

"I have time to do anything you want."

•••

"Wait, I know that walk." Ariel watched as Ryleigh snuck out of her bedroom for something to drink.