Drunk In Love

"Why don't you have your shoes on? We're gonna be late." Gina asked Travis as she walked out of the bathroom and into their bedroom suite while putting her left earring in her ear.

Two of their close friends were getting married today and of course, they couldn't do it without Travis and Gina by their sides. Especially since they never would have met if it weren't for them.

"We wouldn't be late if it wasn't for you taking two hours to get dressed." Travis mumbled under his breath while scrolling down his Instagram feed.

"What did you say?" Gina popped her head out of their closet. She was grabbing their garment bags for the wedding, she'd change later at the venue. She didn't want to risk getting anything on her maid of honor dress. "If it took me two hours to get ready then you had two hours to put your shoes on." She rolled her eyes at him and stepped out of the closet. "Let's go."

Travis watched Gina grab her purse with a smile on his face. Even though she had an attitude, she was still so beautiful. She'd spent a lot of time on her hair, getting it perfect for their friend's wedding.

It didn't help that her ass was sitting perfectly in her jeans. Travis didn't take his eyes off of it the whole time they walked downstairs.

Travis grabbed the keys to his Wraith and escorted his wife out to his car. He watched as she walked through the garage, her red bottoms clicking as she went. He remembered when he'd bought that pair because she almost cried when he brought them home. Most of her days, she spent them as if she knew he was staring. As if reading his thoughts, she looked at him over her shoulder and gently bit her bottom lip. Stopping in her tracks, Gina turned around and stared at him. She didn't hide the fact that she was undressing him with her eyes.

Pulling him closer, by his hand, Gina reached her hand up to his bearded cheek and guided him down for a kiss. Moving from his cheek to his throat, Gina tightened her grip on him. "Oh that's the shit you on today? Choking me?" Travis asked. "They're going to hate us if we don't make it and it'll be all your fault."

"They'd forgive us if we give them a God child in nine months." Gina said pointedly, giving Travis something to consider. She could tell he was actually thinking about it.

With his lips back on hers, Travis was definitely weighing his options. "You know if we weren't in the wedding, I'd say fuck it, but it's Christian and Lauren."

"You're right." Gina reached up and gently wiped her gloss from his lips. "I love when you're right." She slapped his ass then turned towards the car door so he could open the door for her.

•••

Lauren was a nervous wreck. No, that was an overstatement. She wasn't so much of a wreck, just overwhelmed because everything had to be perfect.

The butterflies in her stomach hadn't settled since the clock had struck midnight. She hadn't gotten any sleep and now it was one hour until her dusk wedding.

"You okay, love?" Gina walked into Lauren's dressing room. "I checked outside, the guests are starting to arrive." Standing behind Lauren in the mirror she was staring in, Gina reached up and pulled Lauren's curls behind her shoulders to show off the sweetheart neckline of her gorgeous dress. "What do you need?"

Lauren shook her head and took a deep breath. "Nothing, nothing. I just...never thought that I would be able to love somebody like this again."

Gina rubbed Lauren's shoulders supportively but didn't speak. She was there to listen. "You know, after losing Devon, for a long time, I thought I had died too." Lauren reached forward and grabbed a Kleenex from the small table next to the full-length mirror. "But when I met Christian at you and Travis's and y'all introduced us, it was like..." Lauren pauses and looked up at the ceiling, "my life fell back into place."