Tabloids

LANET HINES' POV

While on my way to work, I send Beau a quick text. Sorry, I have an early day at work, breakfast will be brought up to the room for you.

Took me a while to get out of bed this morning, watching you sleep so soundly is something I wish for now. xoxo.

Sometime later, I am in the City Center, walking into my workplace, feeling light and happy.

"Mr Hines, good morning." My assistant, Kira, comes jogging after me, her heels clicking loudly against the tiled floors. "Sir?"

"Please get straight to the point Kira,"

She hands me 2 magazines and a newspaper, a nervous look on her face.

There on the front cover is me on a picnic blanket with Beau sitting in between my legs.

Oh for fucks sake!

One of the titles reads 'Is Mr Hines finally off the market and who's the lucky man?'

"Beau is going to lose his mind," I hiss

"So, that's his name?" Kira gives me a side smile.

"Too early in the morning, don't get nosy."

I quickly walk away from her, trying to get to my office to avoid the curious eyes of my employees.

"Sir, Mr White is in your office," Kira calls out from across the lobby.

God, what's that devil doing here? I open my office door to find Zane White, my best friend sitting on one of the office chairs.

"Get to the point, Zane."

"Wow. No hello, a hug, maybe a kiss on the cheek?"

"Why are we even friends?" I groan.

"Because I'm your only worthy honest opponent in the Healthcare Engineering industry."

I and Zane have been best friends since high school, though we both have different personalities, we share a common goal, and that is improving the healthcare industry.

"Anyway, I know you're not here to congratulate me on my achievements."

Zane scoffs. "You wound me, Lanny, you get stolen from, then disappear for a week, and when you come back you have this beautiful man in your arms, whom I've tried to research coz where the fuck did he come from. Anyway, I was worried sick about you."

"Kira told you?"

"Well, I am kind of persistent. What's going on with you and who's this guy?"

"It's the guy I met at the auction." I can't help the hint of a smile when the words leave my mouth.

"Well damn, that love sparked wayyy too quickly, but that's so much like you."

I roll my eyes at him as I take a seat at my work desk.

"Where's he from?" Zane asks. Knowing him, he's trying to dig for information to see if I'm getting played. I don't understand why he does that so much. I don't want him to know Beau, not yet.

I chew the inside of my cheek nervously. "Out of the city."

"Out of the city your district or out of the city, as in out out?"

"Out out."

"What the fuck, what class is he?" his eyes widen

"It doesn't matter."

"Are you sure he isn't just trying to steal your heart, then your money?"

"Zane! Watch yourself!" I bite. A little saddened that there may be some truth since Beau did steal from me before.