Pack Of Thieves

BEAU LANGLEY'S POV

We are at Zane's home waiting for him and his sister under the gazebo when an angry lady comes fuming.

"Sam, you promised to be chilled." Zane gives her a stern look

"Chilled? I'm a well-respected programmer slash security planner and you bring a bunch of thieves into your home."

Ariel snorts a laugh, glaring at the woman.

I look at the woman before me. It's like my sister just duplicated a perfect image of herself. This Sam and my sister are no different.

Maybe I could help calm her down and hope she's all bark no bite.

I clear my throat "Excuse me?"

"Zane which part of they are criminals did you miss?" She completely ignores me, focusing all her attention on Zane.

"Hey, Ms So Perfect, these criminals have places to be, so you either sit your ass down and listen or we leave." Ariel's eyes form slits.

Sam whirls around, eyes shooting daggers at Ariel, who stands her ground and maintains her glare.

"Excuse me?" Sam pouts

"Oh, you're excused. We didn't come here for your nonsense. You want your security plan back or nah?"

"Oh wow, can this day get any more interesting?" I scoff. Now that they're both talking, it's no mistake that they are cut from the same cloth.

I look from Ariel to Sam who are now both glaring at me, eyebrows creased together. I can't help but release a deep genuine laughter at the comparison of the two women.

"Well, now that I see how I've wasted my time, I'll be leaving." Mostly because they're now both glaring at me.

I get up from where I'm sitting and exit the gazebo.

"Uhm, I'll be out with Beau." Teddy follows me and so does Stanz join, she has her headphones on bopping her head to whatever music that's playing.

"Beau please don't leave." Zane pleads

I shake my head "Keep your sis in check Zane."

"Why don't you keep yours in check?!" he retorts

I shrug casually. "I won't be around when you find out."

"I mean, we are thieves and hotness over there has every right to dislike us," Nova says, looking Sam up and down.

"You better choose a side, Nova!" Ariel warns

"Uhm, how about we start over, clean slate?" Lanet begins. "I think we can all agree that we started off on the wrong foot."

I look at Sam, she seems to have calmed down over the past few seconds. Although she still wears a snarl on her face.

"Well, hi, I'm Teddy. Programmer." Teddy waves awkwardly

Also security analyst and hacker. Way to break the ice.

Teddy's softness seems to get to everyone because we all settle back into the gazebo.

"Ariel, Architect." her face is still contorted into anger as she speaks

At least she isn't being physically violent

"My name is Sam, Sam White. Security Infrasture or whatever, I am a woman of many talents."

Stanz snorts but continues to bob her head to the music she's listening to.

This is really awkward, but it's progress.