Exposing The Greedy Man

BEAU LANGLEY'S POV

Lanet's family heirloom isn't in the Bermuda Triangle so it's either it's on Hue or he's hiding it somewhere else.

"Hue might have them on him, stay here and watch him, I'm going to search somewhere else," I say to Lanet and before he can respond, I discreetly slip into another room nearby and close the door behind me.

Is this Hues office?

I browse through the room, several papers are scattered across a table with what looks like letters. Attached to the letter is a contract signed by a project manager from the municipality governing a few districts.

I knew he was working with someone in the government, but this. The letter makes it clear that Hue is not the one paying bribes to the municipality, but they pay bribes to him.

He's just a pawn. I go through more documents, taking pictures as I do. It's not enough evidence but it's something.

As I'm searching I find maps of different districts and several areas circled over the maps.

Are they planning to destroy every low-class district?

As I read through the papers, I realize that they're not planning to destroy the district, but the people. The circled areas are near water sources. Others are schools and Hospitals.

What is their goal exactly?!

I take more pictures and share them to my cloud and with Lanet.

"Beau you need to get out of there, Hue is heading your side," Teddy warns

I can hear shuffling behind the door as I look around for a place to hide.

Shit, I drop to the ground and crawl underneath the table, but then realize that it's too wide and anyone coming in from the door would spot me immediately.

I'm fucked. I get out from underneath the table and spot a couch. I push myself to rush towards the couch, but it's too late, the door swings open and my eyes meet Ronald's.

His eyes narrow at me and he takes precise long steps towards me. I can feel my heartbeat quicken with each step he takes.

"What are you doing in here?"

A cold unpleasant shiver runs up my spine at his threatening tone.

"Well..." Although I am filled with dread, I will myself to smile and walk towards the table, leaning back on it seductively.

"Took you long enough." I lift my left leg slowly and cross it over my right, I arch a little and lean my head to the side. Just like a seductress would. "I was almost about to leave."

Hue closes the distance between us his tall frame towering over me. "Is that so?"

He steps in front of me and places his feet on either side of my legs. "I thought you were with Lanet"

I roll my eyes dramatically. "I was, but he ditched me for the perfect lady called Cecilia."

Ronald's rough fingers find my chin and tilt it up so our lips are just a breath apart. I almost recoil on instinct.

Oh God, someone, do something please, save me. "And I really just want to have a little fun tonight."

Ronald runs his thumb across my lips, then runs his hand down to my throat. "I can be rough to little naughty boys like yourself."

He leans forward and licks a trail up my neck to my earlobe, and then he whispers so softly into my ear. "Who sent you?"

His hand tightens around my neck and his legs close in around me so I have no space to escape.