Broken Trust Part 1

BEAU LANGLEY'S POV

I left Lanet's place a few hours ago and am now driving into my home town.

"Everything will be okay, it's going to be a normal day," I say to myself and grip the steering wheel a little tighter trying to rid myself of the anxiety.

"Fuck, who am I kidding?"

With my face in several newspapers and magazines, I know my life will not be the same anymore.

"Alright Beau, just get home, refresh, and head to the hospital. It will be alright."

Though I feel like I'm about to lose all my breakfast and alcohol from last night, the pep talk helps a little.

When I get home, I sit in my car a little longer, before stepping out.

I wonder if anyone is home. Somewhere deep inside of me, I hope nobody is.

My question is answered by the unlocked door; I quietly open it and walk into the house.

At least nobody's down here.

I'm about to climb up the first stair when someone clears their throat behind me.

So much for an easygoing day. I paste a smile on my face and turn around slowly. "Pops, good to see you."

'"Explain yourself boy," my father says.

He throws a magazine onto the table, with me in Lanet's arms on the front cover. I could say we're just friends but the way I'm sitting in between his legs leaning back on his chest does not leave room for lies.

"Where do I even begin?" I heave a tired sigh.

"Come sit." He pats the empty space next to him on the couch.

"Clearly your road trip to the city was more like a visit." my father begins.

There's no anger or judgement as he speaks. He looks at me expectantly, waiting patiently for me to explain myself.

"Well," I take a deep shaky breath. "We're sort of seeing each other."

"Sort of?"

"Pops please don't make me feel weird about this. I'm already nervous about being out in public."

"Well, you aren't exactly telling me what's going on." He pulls me into a side hug and holds me in his arm. "Look, I know your life and I understand you, but I don't approve of some of your choices, I just wanted to warn you..."

"I know pops, I know how this affects me and my job." I cut him off

"I didn't know stealing was a job." The sarcasm in his tone while he feigns shock forces a soft chuckle out of me.

"Anyway, I guess you understand that you can't just go around and do your 'job' anymore."

I mean I do plan on crushing Hue. Unable to answer honestly, I nod.

"Good. Now tell me about this man."

A smile grows over my face. "He is selfless and kind. What can I say? I feel happy when I am with him."

My father nods. "If anything I'm happy that you've found someone."

Before I can say anything I hear loud footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Dude your mom will kill you. Stop running around the house." Stanz says coming down the stairs with Star.

"Uncle Beau." Star runs into me and my father, laying himself across the both of us.