Out With The Guys

LANET HINE'S POV

"Sir, you have looked at it for so long now, is something wrong?" Kira sits across from me, a confused look on her face as I scan through the financial plan to see if we can help the clinic where Beau works.

Last week Zane offered Beau a job as a medical consultant, but he refused because the clinic needs him.

"The clinic needs all the financial help it can get Kira, and this isn't enough." More like I hope this will help Beau rethink Zane's offer. If the clinic is well-sustained with enough staff, Beau can accept Zane's offer, or at least start working on pursuing his own dreams.

There's still a little tension between them, but hopefully, this weekend getaway will help ease things.

"Sir?"

I slowly get out of my head and focus back on the work before me.

"Sorry Kira, send this plan to the financial manager, and then let's plan for a New Year's charity ball."

"Okay, I will work on that."

"Great, you're free to leave."

"And before I forget, about your weekend getaway, Mr White said to tell you that, there will be no rescheduling this time.

I nod and dismiss her and get back to work. We had to get away this past weekend, but I rescheduled for this weekend.

An hour later I'm wrapping up work when I hear Kira shout at someone outside my office. "No, you cannot go in there, without an appointment!"

Soon, the door flies open and Ronald Hue walks in, followed by an angry Kira, who seems to have been running.

"I'm sorry Mr Hines, I tried to stop him."

"Thank you, Kira, will you please excuse us." I give her a small smile and she walks out, making sure to huff her disapproval at Hue.

"She is feisty," Hue smirks

I fight the edge to roll my eyes.

"How can I help you, Ronald?"

He walks over to my desk and takes his seat in one of the seats in front of my desk.

"Oh there's nothing you can do for me Lanet, I just wanted to personally invite you to a private viewing." he pauses and looks around my office. "You would be pleased to know that I've created wonderful pieces with the Blue Diamond."

What the fuck is wrong with this guy?

He places a luxurious black and gold card with an address on my table.

As my eyes follow his hand, I notice the ring on his finger, adorned by small cuts of blue stone. He is cutting it into more pieces.

"Thank you for the invite Ronald, when is this viewing?"

"Two weeks from now, on Friday, bring the hot little boy with you."

This old shit. I give him a cold smile and watch as he walks out of my office.

This guy is either bribing those in the government or they're just like him and let him get away with things. Either way, I'm going to make sure he's exposed.

I pack up my bag and leave work.

—--------------------------------------------

Later that night, I am laying on my couch in my apartment texting Beau.

'Star is so excited for his birthday.' Beau says

'Where are you doing the party?'