Talk Show

"What's the bad news?" I don't really want to know, but I have to.

"And the bad news is that whoever Hue worked with or for will know who destroyed them. So...,"

I cut Zane off, "...so my head is on a guillotine."

"I don't think they use those, they stopped using them in..."

Lanet groans, looking irritated. "Can we just get on with the plan?"

I and Zane share a look before he continues talking.

The three of us plan on what I am going to say and when to play the video of Hue airing his dirty laundry.

"Alright, think I'm ready." Sort of, no amount of preparation can get e ready for this.

"We'll leave here in 30 minutes," Zane says.

I leave Zane and Lanet chatting about their own stuff and go to the bedroom to get ready.

I just need to look presentable.

I go through the few clothes that I have with me.

Sooner than I'd like, we arrive at PLBC studios. Lanet holding my sweaty palm as we walk together.

"His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy. There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti" Lanet begins singing.

"What?" I turn to Lanet and stare at him for a moment before he releases a careless laugh.

The laugh is so contagious that I find myself laughing too. "Is that your idea of calming me?"

"It's Eminem, I swear the rest of the lyrics sound better."

I shake my head and smile up at him, feeling a little bit calmer.

"Whoever that is, I feel a little calm now. My palms are still sweaty though."

Soon we're ushered into a room with bright lights, where we're met by a curvy lady who gives us a warm smile.

"Mrs Gibbson, thank you for doing this on such short notice."

"Oh please Lanet, stop with the formalities. You must be Beau?" Mrs Gibson gives me a firm handshake, one I assume she might have learned because of her industry.

"Yes, I am. Thank you for having me."

Lanet is Ushered to the seats in front with the rest of the audience, while I am ushered to the couch illuminated by bright lights.

"No need to be nervous Beau, if these people and the ones watching sense your nervousness..." She doesn't finish her sentence but gives me a warning look.

"I understand."

A woman approaches and puts a little makeup powder on my face. I smile gratefully hoping I don't look as sweaty as I feel.

"Alright Mel, ready in 10." One of the crew members calls out

She positions herself and looks at the camera. I straighten my back and shoulders and do the same.

"Good afternoon city, I am Mel Gibbson and tonight we bring you the biggest news of the day which has shaken a lot of people. With me today I have Beau Langley, who is being accused of theft by Ronald Hue."

Okay, she wastes no time.

"So tell us Beau, please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit of something about yourself."

I take a few seconds to myself before facing Mel. "Thank you, Mrs Gibbson. I'm Beau Langley, a middle-class citizen from District 4."

I hear a few people murmur and spot some of them shaking their heads.