Author's Notes - EXTRAS #1

- First meetings, sweet like honey, as sour as lemons

...

Hello! This is Cyl, and the end of every arc will be a "Author's Notes" chapter in order to separate them!

Here's a quick rundown of what these extras will include!
• special illustrations (by me!) to accommodate certain scenes
• commentary
• fun facts and lil tidbits of information + vague hints of future events

With that out of the way, you can decide to skip these entirely to read ahead! This is only for those interested in hearing my thoughts!

...

Thank you for reading the first arc to the end! Hopefully you'll be there for future chapters to come, greeting these characters like friends of your own. All art's by me, in case you didn't come from my Instagram, it's @/cylexia!

Characters from left → right:
Yuki
Kana
Rika
Nami
(up) Kyoya
(down) Haru

This drawing takes place after chapter 11, when Haru introduces her new friends to Kana and Yuki! Chapter 12 will have a time skip, so look forward to that! Kana will take the reigns of the story as Haru began losing herself more and more.

Did you know?
• The scratches on Yuki's face are from his cat! He's not getting beat up that often!
• Nami doesn't need glasses to see, she just thinks they look cool
• Yuki and Haru's designs have cat and bunny motifs specifically. I based them off of this year's zodiac animals! Yuki's pupils are cat-like and Haru has a bunnies in her hair and eye as well!
• Kana's pretty popular at school, and revels in it. I mean, everyone wants to be friends with the kid whose parents own a bakery, right? Kana being a delight to hang around is a plus!

note:
Yes, they all have 2 syllable names on purpose. I just thought it'd be fun! I was honestly debating on whether or not to include the use of Japanese honorifics or not, and the whole family name - given name thing, but ended up scrapping its inclusion due to some people probably not understanding how it would work. This meant that I also couldn't do scenes where the characters fumble while trying to call each other by their given names...

That, and I won't be able to showcase sibling closeness that much! I can't believe English people don't call their siblings "brother" / "sister"??? I'm asian so hearing y'all call your siblings by name only is so interesting to me. (Asians can call siblings by name too! But it feels so distant for me...)

I suppose it's merely a difference in culture! It fascinates me to know these things, but I know that some people could care less, so that was part of why I scrapped honorifics completely. Pretend they're all bananas or something... (I assume at least 98% of you don't understand what banana means in this context so it's okay to imagine them as actual bananas too)