16. The truth

Inline comments are love

Nandini POV

"Are you sleepy?" Manik asked as we entered our room after calling it a night.

"Nope. You?"

"No. Get changed then we can decide what to do."

"I have got some wine. Let's sit in the balcony. The weather is nice." he suggested as I stepped out of the washroom. I nodded. We settled on the small, comfy bed. It had warm lights above it, looking amazing

"How come I never saw this?"

"You didn't come to the balcony." I nodded.

"I love spending time here, so I got this one portion of the balcony designed according to my taste," he settled down. He reached out his hand, "Come" I held it and sat between his legs with my back resting on his chest. We kept sipping on our wine, and none of us spoke. We were enjoying the view and calmness in the atmosphere.

"You know the last time I enjoyed so much was with my mom. She always use to take me to a park, and play with me." I rested my head on his chest, snuggling to feel his warmth. He held me closer. "Dad never let me have friends. It was just mom. She use to call me her precious. After she left, I became alone again. I got into this shell, darkness where no one could enter, not even John uncle. He use to see what was happening but would never intertwine in it. For years it use to be just me, my room, and darkness." I recalled my dark memories which still haunt me.

"I am here with you now. You don't need to remember those painful memories." he slid my hair, kissing my neck. I loosed up in his arms.

"For around 7 years I didn't have any contact with the world. I was locked up in my room. My father never let me step out. It use to suffocate me. Just staying in one place, not doing anything. I almost lost my vocals, as I didn't have anyone to talk to," A lone tear escaped my eye, "Dad couldn't get rid of me as he had sold me to Miller. He couldn't do anything. He knew if anything would have happened to me, Miller would rip him apart. So he got me a home tutor. He made me study, not because he wanted to but because he didn't want to spoil his reputation in front of others. Miller wanted an educated wife, to show off to the world."

"I use to wish, why didn't Mom take me with her? Why she left me." I spoke while staring into the darkness.

"For me. Aunty left you for me and I can't thank her enough." he looked up in the sky, "Thank you Aunty for not taking Rose with you. For leaving this sweet, beautiful, and pure-hearted girl for me. I promise you today that I will fill her life with happiness and will never let her drown in her past again. I am sure how much I try, I can't erase her past memories but trust me I will give her so many beautiful memories that she won't have time to remember her past. Your precious is now my precious. You don't have to worry about her." He wiped my tears and kissed my forehead.

"Come let's sleep. It's getting cold." We got up and laid on the bed.

"Manik," I called when he dimmed the lights and settled on the bed.

"Hmm" he responded looking at me

"I love you," I whispered, pecking his lips. I can't get enough of his lips.

"I love you too and I want more." he hovered over me, locking his lips with mine. "Good night." he was about to move back, but I grabbed his tee, crashing his lips on mine.

"I am not done yet," I whispered in between the kiss, moulding our lips together again.

"Don't you think we have been kissing a lot lately? Not that I am complaining." His lips trailed on my neck. His hands intertwined with mine, pressing them on the bed.

"Manik," I moaned, as he licked, kissed, and sucked my sweet spot. I whitered under him.

"I like it. You like it." I freed my hands and made my way into his hair. I pulled it making him look at me, "I don't think is a problem" I pressed my lips hungrily onto his. His hands were all over my body while I slipped my tongue into his mouth deepening the hot kiss. His tongue fought back in dominance.

"I didn't know you loved the sexual tension between us." He panted, caressed my face, and looked into my eyes.

"I didn't know either. Flip." I said. He flipped with me on top of him. I started kissing his neck, caressing his sharp jawline.

"Do I need to start carrying condemns or are we just sticking to kisses for now?" his hands entered my shirt, caressing my back.

I stopped kissing his neck, and looked at him, "Let's just stick to kissing for right now." I took his lips into mine. He unclasped my bra, making me gasp. He thrust his tongue vigorously into my mouth.

"After today I am guessing this is allowed." He teased, running his fingers on my back sexually making my mind go numb. I closed my eyes in anticipation. He kissed my throatline, building the sexual tension between us. I jumped a bit, as his hands came in contact with my right breast. He brushed his lips against me, kissing me softly, tenderly. I moaned into his mouth when he pressed my breast making my body go through unknown sensations I never felt before. I broke the kiss and buried my face in his neck to calm my rising hormones.

"Calm down, baby, sleep." he closed my eyes.

"Nandini," he spoke after a minute.

"Hmm,"

"Are you sleepy?"

"No."

"I can't keep this to myself anymore. I want to tell you about myself. Just hear me out. My full name is Manik Malhotra,"

"Manik Malhotra," I have heard this name somewhere, "You are Millers business partner," I sat, stunned.

"Yes. I am the Manik Malhotra. In my four years of studying computers, side by side I learnt hacking facial recognition, using hyperrealistic masks to impersonate someone, altering voices, and many such things. I have a company located in New York where we built these things, and mostly it's for the government and secret agents. I have my people look after this business. I didn't want to join my family business. None of my friends know about this business of mine. I just know about my painting and how passionate I am about it and me, being a Malhotra."

"It's too much information to take it."

"I know I understand. Take your time.

"Miller? What business are you doing with him?

"He wants one of my family clubs, to carry out his illegal activity. Due to some complications with my family, I have to take up this deal."

"What issues?"

"Rose, let's just keep that talk for some other time. You just need to know that this deal I am doing is for you," I cupped her face, "Me being close to him means close to his business. Very soon you will be free from his clutches. I promise."

"I hope now you know, how I have my guards in your house. Now you can roam anywhere you want, without any stress," he smiled looking into my eyes.

"Come here," I slowed lay down with him on top of me, "All this for me?"

"All this for you," I closed my eyes feeling his lips on mine.

Hey guys. Hope you like the update. Enjoy.