04.

A lil bit of Johnny Jewel,
never hurt.

Love Willows.

"I never pegged you for a Johnny fan." Madison exclaimed from behind her tablet, and Love chuckled knowing exactly what she meant. It was unlike him rather it was like everyone to be subjective of things he liked because a lot of people thought he did. "I like a lot of things Madison Nadi." Love responded with a wink causing the girl to chuckle looking at her work.

"Are you two working or discussing boys?" Another voice accused as he stood by the door to the multipurpose design room which they were in. "Of course we're working, I didn't think you'd come through considering how you hate planning events at the school." Madison jabbed as Lee placed a hand on his heart feigning insult. "Come on, I love extra curriculars —Love help me out here." Lee argued as Love snickered.

"Keep me out of your argument, I haven't been around to even know what you two like now." He defended and that was the truth, a lot of things had happened in his absence that the people he thought he knew were different now, one prime example was Charlie. "Uh yeah about that, —I thought you were okay, after everything I thought you and Maddie would be at the Academy together, the gang would follow you nubian queens around like the love sick puppies they were." Lee inserted and Love sighed, indeed that had been the plan but he couldn't go through with it.

"I crumbled due to the pressure." Love confessed. "Oh, —Love." Madison whispered. "No,—don't Maddie, I'm fine now, I'm back and I think that's what matters, and this semi formal that you roped me into for goodness sake." Love chuckled hoping to diffuse the situation, in as much as he wanted to pour his heart out, he didn't want to, he didn't have the energy to, he was fine, he was healed and moving forward with the prospect of a new friend.

"He's right, as always." Lee supported. "Besides Lee has no design sense, rules the school with a butter fist, if we let him have his way, the school's formal would be a shit show with red solo cups, that's why I volunteered myself to do it and promised an appearance from you along with a tiny tid bit performance." Madison whispered the last part but they heard her and Love was looking at her as if she had grown a second head. "I never agreed to do any of that." He protested, showing up at the formal was easy, but performing, he was laying off any performance until he was settled in school alright.

"Love come on, we might get a ton of publicity for this, —you're a famous influencer, you have billions already but Lee and I don't have that, I need the sway for my varsity application, —please." The girl begged and Love couldn't find it in himself to refuse, he could easily help the two and Madison unlike everyone else hadn't drifted that far from him, she had made effort in talking to him even if he was halfway across the globe, she could do this for her. "Fine, but only one song and I get to pick the time I do it." He agreed and the girl squealed coming over to hug him.

"You can hug me too Lee, I won't tell your girlfriend." Love mumbled as Lee threw himself into the hug causing a ruckus of laughter in the design room. When they parted and each of them began to work on their own stuff, Love wondered what his new friend was up to, so he grabbed his phone intent on texting him but stopped when his dad knocked on the door, his brother in his arms, the kid was being ravaged by a cold.

"Someone downstairs to see you, and I think you might need to wear a jacket." His dad explained and his suggestion had him questioning who it was, Love hadn't told anyone he had moved to his house and forced his dad to move in with him since it was too big for one person, —the only people who knew were Madison and Lee, and of course Simon but no one else except his family. "Keep at it guys, you can show me the budget when you're done." Love told the two and they nodded in return as he left the room.