10.

Reflection;
A solid Time Out.

Love Willows.

Love was tired, it had never occurred to him that he was running on a quarter tank, trying to fill up the space and fix everything, the mess with Melissa, the formal and the night itself where Hale had attacked him and a whole school mob attacked him back in defense of him, —it was astonishing the type of devotion people could have for him.

Also scary when it goes beyond that.

His car was in the garage as he sighed and got out, the formal had been all kinds of dramatic but he was glad everyone was okay, Hale was arrested again and surely the news had reached his parents which meant he was in more trouble than anyone could imagine, —he wasn't getting involved in whatever happened to him.

He had attacked him so recklessly, not caring about the consequences, it made Love wonder if Hale's anger was just because of what happened on the first day of school or there was more, he needed to know, but not on this particular night, —no, he needed to just breathe.

His friend was alright, minor scrape which was taken care of by the paramedics, so he made sure he was home, the confirmation having come from Maverick who wouldn't leave Simon's side, —Love was glad he was there for them or rather him. After the fiasco, the formal couldn't be ruled out as a total loss, it had been memorable and Love was sure it would be a trending topic for a while.

He didn't want to face his dad, not yet, he would fire all kinds of questions and worry all over again since he made him stay home even after being told about how Hale attacked him. Love just wanted to reflect, so he sat by the large porch of his home, what surprised him was a car parking by the driveway, it was unfamiliar but the teen who came out was familiar.

"Hey." Aaron muttered after he left his car and sat next to Love with bags of take out. "Hey." Love responded with a chuckle. "I know you didn't expect me and honestly I didn't think Simon would actually give me your address, but I saw what happened back there and I got a feeling that you needed someone in your corner." Aaron explained with a sheepish smile, the lights by the porch making his skin glow, a smile by his lips that made him even more handsome.

"Thank you Aaron but I'm okay, I do have a friend albeit he got hurt because of me and had to get home safe but I got people." Love tried to argue but only ended up with a chuckling Aaron and he himself was laughing, his argument seemed ridiculous. "Lets face it Love, Maverick should be here, but he ain't, Charlie should be here, —but he ain't, why?" Aaron asserted and in as much as it was unnerving having Aaron interrogate him like that, Love knew he needed to face these questions too.

"I'm not what they want, I'm the reason shit hit the fan today, Hale attacked me and Simon was caught up in it, Maverick chivalrous as ever was there for Simon and I'm grateful, he chose him and I'm happy for them despite how horrible that makes me feel." Love admitted and Aaron nodded. "What about Charlie, —the actual truth." Aaron persuaded.

"Charlie has feelings for the boy I once was, the one he failed to love back when there was a chance, he's feeling guilty now because I'm back and things are different, if he and I were to get together it would be beneficial for his family, he's a bi curious guy, but he's not into me, his type is sports fanatic, muscle clad guys who live in the gym or something close to that, I'm not that guy which sucks for me." Love expressed and Aaron nodded moving closer to Love and hugging him.