05.

Magic in a
musical lesson.

Simon Ember.

This was a conundrum of the ages, an assignment in his music class that required he compose a piece of his own, a duet of his own choice. Simon knew which song he wanted but had no idea who could possibly be able to sing it. He needed help and it was just the beginning of the morning but he already felt drained.

"What has you groaning over a piano?" Love asked amused by how he was almost banging his head on the black shiny piano. "This, —I'm a social outcast who would help me with that." Simon whispered still hiding behind the piano, even he had to admit defeat when it came to this assignment, he could play almost every instrument there was, compose songs but he lacked one thing, —just like how he lacked friends, he had no singing voice ever since he hit puberty, singing in the shower one time, he could've sworn the mirror broke because of him.

"I can help." Love suddenly piped up. "Wait you can?" The black haired teen suddenly perked up sitting upright with a smile that had expectancy written all over it. "Yeah, hit it." Love exclaimed and Simon began to tap the keys but stopped. "How and why are you here, —I didn't know you had this on your schedule." He responded waiting on Love to explain. "I don't have classes in the morning today, —well on this specific day, so I volunteered to consult for miss Oberlin." He cheerily explained which made absolute sense for Simon and how had he not thought about it, Love was also a musical prodigy.

"So, hit it!" His curly haired friend declared causing Simon to snicker but he began to play. "I really can't stay." Love sang. "—But baby its cold outside." Another voice sang along aswell, he was almost the same build as Charlie, but instead of chestnut hair it was ash grey with a pair of mischievous blue eyes to accompany a chiseled chin. "I've got to go away." Love continued beckoning the stranger in. "—But baby it's cold outside." The stranger responded making Simon smile and worry at the same time.

"My mother will start to worry." Love expressed his voice capturing the attention of others in the hallway."Beautiful what's your hurry." The stranger who responded in song followed Love around to where Simon as he played, the action making him smile. "My father will be pacing the floor." Simon couldn't help play a bit more dramatically as Love was embodying not just the song but the character as well. "Listen to the fire place roar." The stranger expressed with his hands held together showing how he was begging.

So Simon played on, a crowd gathering in the music class just not by the stage where Love and the stranger were singing, enticing everyone to sway feeling warm and somewhat better after the morning rush. "I've got to get home." Love sang looking at the stranger with so much familiarity Simon wondered if he knew him as the song reached it climax. "But baby you'd freeze out there." The stranger's voice and actions caused a stir as he caged in Love by the piano. "Say, —lend me a coat." Simon rolled his eyes because he couldn't mistake that note of seduction in Love's voice. "It's up to your knees out there." The stranger stated with deep seductive voice of his own earning awe from the gathered crowd.

So as the song finished Simon stood up but kept playing. "I really can't stay." Love slowly sang in a gentle whisper. "Get over that hold out." His partner the stranger responded as well following Love's lead but grabbed his hand and kissed it. "Oh, —but its cold outside."

When the song finished everyone cheered, clapped, whistled, for Simon who had fortunately recorded everything was happy because he had actually gotten his assignment done. He couldn't have wished for more. "That was amazing, Maverick!" Love blissfully hugged the tall teen surprising Simon who was now wondering how they knew each other, he had never seen Maverick at the school, if he were attending the academy before with how he looked, he would've known him.