14.

Mothers Are Precious;
Even the Ones We Hate.

Love Willows.

Heels clicked on the walkway, the air crisp despite it being late afternoon and Love sighed, he needed to get his fitting done here, at his studio, what made him sigh wasn't the fitting itself, —it was his mother's entourage and guard detail that stood by the door of the four story glass, steel and brick building that not only screamed money but architectural marvel.

"Who are the scary dudes by the door, —I thought you didn't have a guard detail." Simon whispered next to Love pressing closer to him as they neared the entrance. "I don't, my mother is on her way and she sent these guys to make sure the paparazzi and anyone else who works for me wouldn't be taking pictures,also to intimidate everyone, for reasons unknown." Love replied and a snicker came from Simon.

"I'm definitely impressed, I bet you these guys could bench press a truck." Simon mumbled making Love chuckle taking his hand when they reached the entrance. "DuSante." One the men by the door exclaimed. "Menti." Love responded, both of them smiling toward each other with a mutual nod, before he was his mother's guard, he worked for Love, he still did but since Love didn't need a detail, he had Menti work for his mother instead.

"You seem chummy." Simon nudged Love. "He's a friend but I can't outrightly show that with all the other guys here, my mother doesn't like me picking favourites." Love answered as they entered the building and someone screeched. "Oh my goodness, finally you're here, Love I missed you!" It was a girl, she in her very revealing black lacey dress and high heels embraced Love with an excited squeal.

"I saw you a week ago." Love protested pulling Simon up to stand beside him. "Seeing you is always grand, and I have to say, that dinner outfit you had last week was fire, which is still inspiring me." The girl happily responded with a wide smile on her dark cherry lips. "Oh who is this, he's cute." She went on and Simon chuckled nervously, Love could understand why, the girl was a lot. "Malia this is Simon, my best friend, Simon this is Malia, she runs this place when I'm not around, she is a designer, stylist, planner, you name it, she is it." Love introduced the giggling girl and Malia hugged Simon who seemed more relaxed.

"Hey boss!" A group of four men called out as they were hauling material from one room through the show room they stood in. "Hi boys!" Love flirtatiously waved back causing Simon and Malia to narrow their eyes on him. "Gurl you have a man, who is a Strong, please leave some for us." Malia protested. "Please, I did nothing, so we're here for my fitting and to get a little something something for Simon here, he also needs to spill some tea which I have been dying to hear since last week." Love asserted, Malia was now vibrating with expectancy looked at Simon and smirked.

"Great, I already got your designs, I'm gonna pull them out now, by the way we cleared out on the sale of your previous collection, we need to start on the Summer shut down soon." Malia explained and Love led the way for a star struck Simon. "That's great Malia, I'm sure you saw my mother's detail, can you pull up her choices too, I'm sure she'll be here sometime." Love expressed pointing out the obvious about his mother being late.

"Got it boss!" Malia exclaimed before strutting away. "Wow, I can't believe you own this place." Simon muttered when they settled in a fitting and show room combined, which was on the third floor. "Own it, run it, showcase, all of it, when I pitched the idea to my father he thought I would make it, so he bought the old building for me and renovated it for me, my mother was skeptical at first now she brings anyone she wants to woo here." Love explained and Simon hummed in appreciation.