09.

To New Friends;
& Old Wounds.

Simon Ember.

He wondered, —more rather questioned how Love had pulled it off, it was a miracle in itself, not only had the semi formal been saved but with a quick adjustment it had been elevated into something even more beautiful than their previous arrangement. Truly Love had outdone himself, and to Simon it made him wonder just how he did all he did, —create miracles.

Yet he couldn't help feel something was off with Love, when they had met earlier during school hours he seemed sad in a way, Simon only noticed because he had spent a better part of his life hiding his emotions and being a closeted bisexual also added to that which was why he was waiting on Love to stop entertaining the guests and he would finally be his date.

"So, anything you want to tell me." Charlie claimed as he stood close to Simon, they weren't close to the crowd so they could actually talk without being interrupted. "Yeah actually, Charlie, —Love doesn't have feelings for you anymore, he says that when you guys had a chance, you couldn't pull through, I don't know what your reason was for not wanting him back before and I don't care now but its the reason why he doesn't feel what he did for you back then." The cards had been laid on the table and Simon hoped Charlie accepted it.

"That's crap and we both know it." Charlie growled back in denial. "Say what you will Charlie but I did what you asked and we're done, if you think I'm lying please be my guest and go ask Love himself." Simon replied the jock who cursed lowly shoving other students out of his way as he stormed off.

"It's not always a good idea to piss off Errins." Finn exclaimed as he came over to where Simon was and offered him a drink which Simon looked at suspiciously. "Don't worry, it's a closed can." Finn assured and Simon accepted the drink. "For the record I told him the truth, Love doesn't have feelings for him anymore." Simon rebuffed and Finn hummed in response.

"Yet somehow when you say that, it seems as if you feel something about the whole situation." The jock muttered and Simon quirked a brow questioning Finn's statement. "Love might not have feelings for Charlie and we accept that but it doesn't mean you can't have feelings for him you know, I've seen the way you look at him sometimes and its not one sided, despite his obvious denial over Love, I bet you Charlie feels something for you." Finn's claim made Simon angry.

"You're reaching Finn." He hissed as the teen in a pink tux smirked. "Maybe, —maybe not, we can't be too sure but what I do know is that you need to be careful Simon, Love is your best friend and at some point he had real feelings for Charlie." Finn warned just as he roamed back into the crowd.

Finn's words were an arrow to a bullseye, Simon was angry and looking at it, he wasn't angry because of what Finn's assumption was toward Charlie, he was angry because it was true, he loved his bestfriend, — he did, but why couldn't someone like Charlie want him, why couldn't he be in denial over him, it hurt Simon in some way, so he decided to shove his feelings aside and just be happy in the moment.

Before he could randomly join people, his own class of course and dance someone caught his arm. "Ezra what the hell?!" Simon yelled angrily yanking his hand back from the blonde. "I'm sorry okay." Ezra apologized.

"What is this Ezra, —are you drunk?" Simon demanded and Ezra shook his head in refusal. "I should've done you better and I should've seen your potential, you look really hot." He complimented making Simon sigh, he didn't have energy for this. "Thanks, I need to go." Simon replied looking for a quick escape.