15.

She Who Knows;
& Gets Whats She Wants.

Simon Ember.

She was a whirlwind of everything money, fame, power, pride and above all beauty could be, she had it all but what she lacked was heart, Simon could easily compare this beautiful woman to his own mother, she schemed, manipulated if need be to get what she wanted, it wasn't a credit to his father that he was promoted, no it was his mother who meddled a lot, so when he looked at her, Merrel Willows there was no doubt in his mind that his mother could be like her one day and that thought, —terrified him.

"Which one dear for the after party?" Merrel questioned Love who was still helping her with the fitting, they were still at Love's studio which encompassed a lot of other things that he did. "You chose gold mother, I don't know what you were thinking but gold is tricky especially when trying not to steer the outfit one way." Love sighed as finally the form fitting dress he had been fixing for his mother was complete.

"You look marvelous Mrs Willows." Simon exclaimed hoping this could get a reprieve for Love so he would stop sighing so much, fashion was his forte, he could do this all the days of his life, Simon knew that but he also knew his best friend was tired. "Thank you dear, you have a good eye." Merrel replied caressing Love's cheek who mouthed a thank toward Simon.

"Malia dear can you alter it where my baby suggested, and also I'll have the other three outfits, I'm only wearing two at this dinner but they'll be more events and I want to look fabulous." She excitedly asserted and Malia nodded doing what the woman had asked. "I'll go help Malia, mom please be nice." Love pleaded before leaving, in the process leaving Simon with the terrifying woman who was his best friend's mother.

"You and I have a lot to discuss young man." Merrel calmly stated, her demeanour completely changing from the laughing, happy woman she had been a few minutes prior. "I doubt it Mrs Willows." He responded and she lightly scoffed, gesturing he sit next to her. "My son hasn't had a best friend as you children call in ages, all the other ones I've made sure know their place, he is Love Willows, heir to the Willows fortune but he himself has already made a fortune, most would take advantage of it but you haven't." She pointed out as Simon finally felt the tense mood sink in.

"I'm not his friend because of his money." He defended and the woman nodded. "Yes, I know, I looked into your family, your relatives, good people but we know no one is truly good, I know you slept with Maverick Pace, and I know you apologized for it but I'm wondering why you haven't told my son about your most recent encounter after that dinner." Merrel went on, the shock and dread that filled Simon was undescribable, how had she known, how could she have known.

"How—." Simon choked out. "He told me, Charlie Errins is rather a good friend of mine, so is his family, he wanted to make sure that your encounter wouldn't hurt his chances with Love, but like I clarified with him, he's nolonger our choice for my son." Simon puased her as he gasped. "Aaron." He whispered to himself. "Why yes, my son adores him and Aaron would do anything for Love, for now that arrangement works but you're all still so young, there is room for change therefore his father won't be making anything official." Merrel concluded.

"Why are you telling me all this?" Simon demanded but Merrel just smiled. "Simple dear, you have that look in your eye that my son has, determination, a cunning that not a lot of your peers have, a loyalty I wish my friends had, you're going to learn from me." She explained astounding Simon. "Learn what, what are you even saying?" Simon demanded yet again. "Don't act like you don't know what I'm doing, I'm protecting my son and giving you a chance to stay by his side for as long as your friendship lasts, I am going to teach you the way to get what you want, when you want." The woman stated with a smile.