20.

It was Sunday and there was nothing good on tv. I texted Sebastian but he said he was a little busy and will text me soon.

Dad told me that he has to visit a gathering held by his friend. He asked me if I wanted to come and I agreed since I am actually here to chill and not just sit at home do nothing.

I had already packed few dresses just in case something formal comes up. My dad goes a lot to these gatherings because of his huge circle of friends also to divert his mind from thoughts.

I took a quick shower and was blow drying my hair. The party or gathering started by eight, I still had one whole hour to get ready. My dad knocked on the door telling me he's almost ready. I told him I'll be there in few minutes.

It doesn't takes me long to get ready. I slipped into my lemon colored dress that reached just below my knees and tied my hair in an elegant pony tail. Grabbing my clutch I stepped out of the room finding my dad shuffling with home and car keys.

''Dad, I am ready.'' I said as I approached him.

''You look lovely as always.'' his eyes lit up and he motioned me outside the house.

During the ride, dad told me about Mr. Richardson, who was the hostage. He told me he runs a textile business under the name 'RD textiles'.

''We used to study together in University but then I moved to Ontario and married your mother,'' Dad said taking a turn towards his right, ''He has a successful business running and has his textile launch in Japan this Thursday.''

I nodded with an expression that said wow-I'm-impressed. He continued telling me about Mr. Richardson's family and how he was happy to make me meet one of his close friends.

After ten minutes ride, Dad pulled over a two story mansion that looked very jaw dropping. Bright lights were emitting from the roof. I could see people gathered outside. There were over many expensive cars parked in a particular pattern. A man came up to us and asked dad to hand him the car keys and he'll park our car for us.

I got out of the car with dad beside me. We both entered the mansion. I was surprised to see the beauty. Many chandeliers were hanging, with light intensity depending upon the music, dimming each time a slow song came up. There were so many people gathered and the fact that they weren't even making the environment suffocating instead it felt lively. Almost everybody had champagne glasses in their hands. The attire was formal so men were in full posh suits while female were in heavy jewelry and dresses.

''John!'' A raspy voice spoke turning my attention to a man who looked same age as my dad's. He was wearing an Armani suit. His gray hair along with few black strands were neatly combed sideways. He was grinning at my father who was smiling widely at him.

''Richard! Great to see you.'' My dad hugged Mr. Richard and he pulled away after a moment looking at me. It wouldn't need a genius to figure out he was Mr. Richardson who owned this big ass mansion that looked utterly gorgeous.

''I believe that's your daughter,'' Mr. Richard extended his hand and I shook it.

''Nice to meet you Mr. Richard, I am Daisy.''

''Daisy, pleased to meet you. Your father and I are University buddies. Our friendship was actually known for playing pranks on our fellow mates,''

''We were practically called prankster J and R.'' My dad chuckled.

''Must be fun,'' I said, smiling. I was finding humor in the fact that my father had played pranks with Mr. Richard who was looking innocent as ever due to his chubby cheeks.

''Indeed. Those days are surely cherish able, John,'' Mr Richard went quite for few seconds as if remembering his old days.

''Anyway, Daisy dear, I won't let you get bored in between talks of old people like me,'' he chuckled at his own sentence, ''My son here is same age as yours, I am sure you two will get along and enjoy this little time.'' he gestured towards a guy whose back was turned towards us. He was also wearing the same Armani suit as his father.

''Colton!'' Mr Richard called causing my heart to skip a beat as 'Colton from the ball room that day' turned around.