04.

I was in my Psychology class and Mrs. Lilly was talking about 'States of Consciousness.' I was paying my out most attention to it due to exams. I really didn't want to see myself fail or score below average.

Daddy was asleep at home and usually had off on Tuesdays and Wednesdays therefore he spent these two days with me, sometimes. I didn't want to wake him up due to his tiring days spent in the hospital. Sometimes I wish he wouldn't bother that much because of me. He could have easily have a job with normal wage and less work but he wouldn't listen.

"How much time is remaining?" I whispered to Noah, the only guy I speak with in my Psychology class. He has curly blonde hair and wears large spectacles covering his oceanic green eyes.

He checked on his wrist watch and whispered, ''Still ten minutes to go."

I sighed and he smiled, revealing dimples. Noah is my study-buddy. Often when exams are ahead, I along with Charlotte meet Noah at the library after school for tutoring.

"Are you up for tomorrow's ball?" He asked with a lazy expression plastered on his face and making sure not to catch Mrs. Lilly's attention whose lecture was now diverted towards her life and how her children are often nosy.

"What ball?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Seriously? The one organized by Jonathan's parents because of their charity program?"

Jonathan used to live in our society, he was amputated since childhood. Poison of polio had reached his legs before they could do something about it and since that day his parents had started a charity program.

"Oh my God! I totally forgot about it." I whispered, shock lacing in my tone. The invitation had arrived last week on Tuesday and I had totally forgot about it.

"Thank me later." He winked and I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'll see if I find a good dress that is." I told him honestly. Before he could reply, the shrill sound of bell interrupted and both of us got up simultaneously.

"So I'll see you tomorrow then, if you find a good dress that is." He threw his bag over his shoulder and I did the same with a nod.

*

"So, how was your day?" My dad asked as he spread layers of cheese over lasagna.

"You know, same old," I said texting Charlotte about tomorrow's timings "Dad will you accompany me for tomorrow's ball?"

"Mr. David's?" He asked as he left the tray in the oven.

"Yeah." I munched on remaining cheese.

"I am afraid I can't. I am leaving for Ontario tomorrow morning, there's an emergency call."

"Oh, it's okay. Charlotte might show up." I said as my phone buzzed. I was expecting Charlotte's text but I was surprised to see the same anon from last night.

Unknown Number: Talk to me pls

Unknown Number: Do i sound desperate??

Unknown Number: I should've probably said, hey daiz paiz wassup?

Unknown Number: Sounds ridiculous. are you ignoring me miss?

I ignored the texts, shoving my phone in my pocket. I grinned as the aroma reached my nostrils making me even more hungry.

We both ate whilst talking about different things including my studies, his daily routines, his work, different t.v shows specially Criminal Minds which we usually discuss.

*

It was almost midnight, I was trying to sleep after I discussed with Charlotte about different dresses and decided a particular dress to wear tomorrow. Firstly I asked her why she didn't remind me and she told me she wasn't expecting me to forget since I practically have nothing to do except read, tumblr and sleep.

I was not able to sleep because of stupid piano tune that started again and each time it reached chorus, I was starting to get more and more frustrated.

I checked the time and it read 12:50 AM. I went towards the window again. Growing red with all the rage.

''Ugh! Really?'' I groaned to myself.

Without further control as soon as he reached chorus, I yelled, ''Cant you sleep, you big old annoying pianist?''

I immediately covered my mouth but it was too late by then. But then again, I thought to myself about him disturbing me since three days and I thought maybe what I said was right, until he yelled back and I swear I could sense him grinning at the exact moment.

''Why? Don't you think I play well, Rose?''

++

A/N: Holy macroni guys! Piano is #127 in short story. I am so happy right now. I am trying to keep up my updating schedule.

What do you think will happen next? Comment below!

Please Vote and Comment. <3

Hugs,

A