02.

''Everybody back to work! No more talking.'' Mr. Gerald's throaty voice echoed through the classroom. Feeling irritated, I shifted my head to the other side of the desk.

''Daisy!'' Charlotte whispered, few curly strands of her hair spread across her face.

''Mm.'' I mumbled feeling determined that among fifty-two students present in the class, he wouldn't notice me sleeping.

''Were you up all night?''

''Char, let me sleep''

''Mr. Gerald is going to be so mad if he sees you.'' She hissed and started scribbling her notes.

''Mm.''

*

Lunch was so crowded and I was literally looking like a druggie. My pitch black hair braid that reached my lower back was a complete mess and the eye bags were so prominent that I felt like wearing shades to hide them.

If you take an aerial view of our cafeteria, you'd realize it's actually like rainbow since our University has over so many variety of people.

Charlotte and I had only one class together, Accounts. Our rest classes were separate since we both were pursuing different courses. Unlike me, she aced every exam.

She was very beautiful with her chocolate brown curls reaching four or five inches below her shoulder, her eyes were a chestnut brown that gave epic contrast with her bronze complexion. However I on other hand was a little different from her. My hair were black, a little highlight of brown but rest were black and a little wavy. Unlike her, my eyes were dark brown. The only thing we had in common was our tan complexion.

The label of best friend for me is too important and I remember labeling Charlotte as my best friend in grade eleven when I went through really bad heart break and she was the only one who was there by my side, listening to my rants, sobs, whining. That is when I realized everything is already planned and that God is a master mind. Even though I did not have any sister, He blessed my life with someone who is more than a sister to me.

''You literally look half passed out, were you up all night texting people your stupid jokes?'' Charlotte asked chewing the red apple so gently. She is really conscious about her actions and often says;

Daisy, chew like you have a secret.

Yeah right!

''A. They aren't stupid and B. I don't know, the tune stopped after half an hour. It was literally so annoying, besides, why wont you reply to my texts?''

''At midnight? Remind me why I am friends with you again?''

''Whatever!'' I rolled my eyes to which she smirked.

''Are you coming at my place for a sleepover? I am really bored, Daddy will be back tomorrow.'' I asked hoping she wouldn't refuse since I literally have nothing to do on Saturday nights.

Being twenty is not of any help at all. I cannot go to clubs, parties except formal. It takes three whole hours for me to make my dad agree. He only agrees if Charlotte or one of my trust worthy friends are going. Although I have been told that I am eighteen plus and it's a free country, I don't feel like doing things that bother my father, my only family who works all day long in Ontario as a doctor.

''Okay, I'll be there by nine or so?'' She asked as she ran a hand to smooth her 'You Cant Sit With Us' T-shirt.

''Perfect.'' I grinned already making scenarios of us watching some stupid chick flick like we always do.

*

Charlotte arrived at my place around eight. She asked if we could play extravagant dress-up which was a thing we did when we were in malls. We'd go to a really expensive dress shop, try on really adorable dresses that are highly expensive and we would secretly capture our pictures in those dresses in the changing room. But being the lazy bum I am, I refused and threw several DVDs in her direction.

"We haven't watched The Breakfast Club, have we?'' She asked as she examined the DVD cover.

"I don't think so."

"Lets do this." She inserted the DVD and I munched on my favorite snack, pop corns.

10:47 PM

It was close to getting eleven, since the movie had made Charlotte cry therefore in order to cheer her mood we were watching YouTube videos. I was enjoying every bit of it and laughing each time Tyler Oakley cracked a joke until I heard the same tune from last night.

''Char, you hear that?'' I asked standing up.

"Sssh Oh my God look at his face." She managed to say in between her laughs as she pointed towards the screen making me roll my eyes at her.

I threw a pillow in her direction and stood by the window listening to the soothing sound of piano that had 'My Heart Will Go On' playing.

''Jack!'' I yelled, smirking.

Do you experience that specific time in your life when you are with your best friend and at that moment you feel utterly crazy and you do something really absurd, which has a high chance of becoming regret in your life? That's exactly what I did.

The music stopped causing my heart to come in halt when I further heard footsteps in the hallway.

''Daisy what are you doing?'' I heard Charlotte whisper-yell. I held my index finger to my lips motioning her to mute the video.

''Rose!'' A deep masculine voice yelled back.