3 - Tobias

Eren's POV

Tobias pissed on my doorstep again.

I tried to communicate with him; I even gave him a bowl of biscuits while doing so. I softly petted him and put on my sweetest smile-- which honestly didn't take much effort because it was a cute sight-- all while saying, "You can't urinate near my property. It stinks, got it?"

Over the days, I found myself wanting to refer to this boy as something so I just mentally named him Tobias. Anyway, Tobias not only pees all over the wall next to my front door, but he also waits for me to return home so I can give him more biscuits. Yeah, I bought dog food the other day while grocery shopping. And I don't even have a dog. It's all for Tinkle-Toby.

I squat down with a sigh, watching him wag his tail as he empties the bowl. "Damn you, dude. You're way too cute to be mad at," I mutter to him, crossing my arms down on my knees and resting my head atop it. "How old are you? 2 months? 3?"

He's still tiny as fuck, so I'm assuming he's not over 3 months. 4, max. After licking the bowl clean, he looks up at me, panting with his tongue lolling. I sigh and pet his head for a while. He sits his butt down, seeming pleased with how I'm petting him. I smile to myself.

This has been happening for a week now. Tobias takes a little over fifteen minutes of my time. After that, when I walk inside my house, he goes elsewhere. I wonder if there's other people giving him food, too. I'd really like to think he doesn't eat from the trash or something. I might have to adopt him if it ever gets to that.

I shower, make a bowl of instant ramen, get a soda and drop my ass onto the couch. Blowing at the noodles, I take a bite and nod my head at the taste. Nothing like instant ramen after a long day.

And I've had a long day, I tell you. Some motherfucker yelled at my co-worker and when I tried to calm him down, he yelled at me. Now, I couldn't stand that. So I raised my voice and almost lost my job. I didn't give two shits, though. It's just a weekend job I could get anywhere else.

My lunch was too salty, I stained my favourite hoodie, and I stubbed my toe to top it all off. Oh, and not to mention that girl.

I really didn't wanna talk to her. I don't even know why I called for her when she was not even the reason I went there. Okay, maybe she was probably 12% of the reason I went there, emphasis on the maybe. She was just... on my mind. In an irksome way. Every time I thought of my car, I thought of her. And it pissed me off, actually.

When I was told the director of the movie there wasn't who I was looking for, I should've just spun around on my toe like a ballerina and soared my way out. But I didn't. Why? Because I'm a fucking pea-brain.

I don't know what I was expecting from her. No idea why I thought she'd offer me some compensation or some shit. When she brought up the matter of money, I was way too embarrassed of myself to even muster up a word. I'm such a fuck-up.

And would she leave that alone? No. I get why she's confused and shit but c'mon. I was just trying to give you a glass of iced water. And what did she call me, a jerk? I don't know if she intended for me to hear her mumble but something tells me she did. She's probably the type of girl who'd purposely spill coffee on you just to start a conversation.

I think I hurt her ego with certain remarks, but do I care? She did give it away so easily that she drank the previous night. And thanks to the lovely encounter we had, my car has an ugly dent to its side. I need to give it to repair but... ugh, maybe I should just tell Mikasa about it.

No, no. I won't. I swore I wouldn't bother her with my shit. I'll just dip into my savings. It's not like I'm broke, really. I have money, I absolutely do. Just not much.