15 - christmas eve

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Sasha and Connie shriek in sync, running to each other and tightly hugging while jumping around in a circle. "CORNBALL, I MISSED YOU SO MUCH! JEANBOY, MY BABY, COME OVER HERE!" she drags Jean by his arm, and since you're already in the middle of hugging Jean, you get pushed into the group hug as well. 

"THATHA!" Connie screams, breaking you all out of the joyful hug in confusion. 

"What?" Sasha utters after a moment and Jean shakes his head. 

"I GOTH A THONGUE PIERTHING! THEE!" Connie sticks his tongue out, revealing a round piece of metal in the middle of his tongue. You and Sasha gasp, your hands shooting your mouths. "I CANTH WAITH THO MAKE OUTH WITH GIRLTH WITH THITH!"

"How could you possibly make out with a girl sounding like that?" Jean instantly comments.

"Dhonth ac like you geth bitheth, Dhean," Connie rolls his eyes at him, making the three of you erupt into laughter. This was... not expected. But then again, the only thing Connie can ever be expected to do is the unexpected.

"When did you even- when?" you ask, leaning closer to inspect the metallic bud sitting on his swollen tongue better.

Jean answers, dropping his ass onto your couch. "He got it this morning at the airport. I tried to talk him out of it, but..."

"But?"

"...YOLO," he quietly adds.

"Speaking of YOLO, how was Uruguay? Did you guys have fun?" Sasha asks, shifting on the couch to sit cross-legged. 

"Dhean got thlapped by a redh-headh," Connie points a scornful finger at the mullet-boy, open-mouthedly giggling. 

"Jean got clapped by a redhead?" you ask, confused.

"No, thlapped! Like-" he swiftly slaps Jean to demonstrate. "That."

Sasha cackles again, half at picturing Jean getting slapped and half at his reaction to Connie unnecessarily slapping him. "Why'd you get slapped by a red-head?" you ask through your own snickering.

Jean crosses his arms, kicking Connie's knee with his foot before he answers. "I was tryna flirt and I accidentally... smacked her left-boob. It- it was really an accident but she didn't believe it!" The laughter in the room is incontrollable now. Jean eventually joins in as well, shaking his head with a low chuckle at the memory. "Honestly, Uruguay was fun. Now, what did Connie and I miss?"

You and Sasha look at each other and you shrug, telling her to go ahead. "Well, I got invited by my in-laws to their lake-house, so... that's eventful." She gnaws on her lower lip as she hums, trying to think of any other mentionable incidents. "Oh! And I tried salsa with a PB&J and it's my new favourite snack now!"

Connie's mouth forms a big O and he slowly nods his head in approval, while Jean narrows his eyes, trying to perceive the taste. Then their eyes fall on you, and you straighten yourself before you reveal the big news. "I... got the role as Lilah. In Journey to Shiganshina."

"WOAH-"

"WHAT-"

"OH MY GODH-"

A series of applause and reasonably loud noises from your friends pursue the information, and you get engulfed in hugs and pats-on-the-back. You do gesture to your friends to press pause because you're not done yet, and then you tell them the rest of the information. "Aaand, I'm setting flight to India tomorrow to spend two weeks shooting there."

"India? The counthy with the butther thicken?" Connie asks, his hands travelling from your shoulders to his hips.

"It's not the only country that makes butter chicken, but yes, it does... make butter chicken."