6 - premiere

You don't know if you should feel adored or embarrassed.

Stuck on the face of your parents' house is a gigantic poster of your debut movie along with a portrait of yours next to it. Yeah, you should definitely feel embarrassed. "Mom, please take it off," you plead, your ears hot from the people acknowledging it as they walk by.

"Oh, your dad put that up. Talk to him," she says before pulling you inside the house.

You try to explain to them that you only come on for a short time and that the poster is not necessary at all, but to no avail. So you proceed with slipping twenty bucks to your little sister to make her take it down instead.

Tomorrow is the premiere. You're supposed to meet with Jeager to check the fitting of the dress after you finish the breakfast your parents invited you to. Along with the rest of your aunts and uncles and cousins.

God, why do they have to make such a big deal out of this? You know they're excited and proud and all but you're barely a character in the movie. Maybe you should put the embarrassment aside and be happy that they're happy. You're still making Morgan take off the poster, though. She asked for an addition of five more bucks and you told her not to push her luck, threatening to expose the existence of the condoms you found in her purse to Mom and Dad.

The breakfast goes well. Your aunt asks you how much you make monthly and you ask her how many guys she marries monthly. You think she likes you less now. How sad.

Eren isn't there in the shop when you walk in. "Oh, hey Noelle!" his assistant, B... Buh... Bear wishes you. You're positive his name isn't Bear, but it'll do.

"Hey, you seem to be in a good mood." You walk up to him, your eyes still wandering across the place to spot your stylist. "What's special?"

Bear looks a little confused. "I'm... not particularly in a good mood. Do I look so?"

"Yeah, I mean, a little."

He chuckles nervously. That seems to be his signature move. "Strange. I've been stressed the past few days so I've been hearing 'You seem tired' from everyone else."

"Oh, I'm sorry, man. What's stressing you?"

"Well," he begins, hesitating and shrinking a little in his seat. "Eren has been pushing a lot of his work to me because he's got super busy working for you."

That makes you pull back a little. "Oh," you say, not knowing how to respond. After a little thinking, you decide to throw Jeager under the bus because why not? You snap your fingers. "You should ask him for a raise then."

Bear's eyes grow wide. "A raise?"

You nod. "Yeah. Jeager has a new gig, plus you've been working extra. You definitely deserve a raise. Speaking of Jeager, where is he?"

Bear has his mouth agape as if he's still pondering about the raise before he shoots his gaze back up to you. "Oh, um, Eren is... I think he went to buy some bread."

"He randomly went to buy bread at noon in the middle of a workday?" you ask, and Bear gives you a tight-lipped smile. "Yeah, you should absolutely demand a raise."

Somewhere in the middle of your sentence, the door swings open and he walks in, one of his hands holding a paper bag and the other his motorbike keys. He looks at you and looks away, walking till he's next to you to pick something out of the bag and give it to Bear. "Banana bread," he tells him before going over to his working area.

Bear thanks him, very stoked about the banana bread, but his face gives it away that he's thinking of what you've told him. Bear sure seems like a shy guy, so you wonder how he's going to bring that raise up. Or if he's going to bring it up at all.