17 - santa day

Eren's POV

I knew damn well I was cuddling Speedy. 

I initially woke up startled with her in my arms, and then I ran my eyes down her face as she remained asleep as a log. My half-asleep brain ordered my hands to snake around her again, pull her closer and tangle my fingers in her hair. I sincerely followed the reasonable and totally rational orders, and it felt really nice. Of course, until she woke up jumping and scaring the shit out of me. 

Did I want to hook up with her? Yes. She looked way too fucking good for me to hold back. But did I choose to hook up with her? No. Hooking up with a person like Speedy would complicate things. And that's because something tells me I wouldn't get enough if I started, and that's how shit goes down. I don't want shit to go down, not with her. 

After an... eventful morning at Reiner's mansion wherein everybody pushed the thought of getting with Speedy further into my head, Armin, Mikasa and I finally return home. And as expected, the two did not let it go. 

"Did you really not hook up with her?" 

"Mika." 

"Just curious," she raises her hands up in defense. "You two did disappear with no explanation for a whole night, it just sounds a little convenient for all the assumptions."

I look at Armin to back me up because he did bet on us not-hooking-up. As pissed as I am at him for participating in that, it shows he's sure we wouldn't have done anything. But the fucker only shrugs. "I'm with her on this."

"I- you literally bet that we didn't!"

"Because I knew for a fact that you would've denied it if you did. And I still think you two haven't hooked up because you are, excuse my language, a pussy." I gasp and throw a hand to my chest as he continues. "But I am quite curious to know what you two actually did the whole night." 

I let out an agitated huff. "Fine, we stole Reiner's wine and passed out on the terrace. Happy? Now, can we rewind to the part where you called me a pussy? I'm not a pussy!"

"Respectfully, you are being a pussy."

"What the fuck? I'm not! You calling me a pussy is unusual and sexistly motivated, Armin, and I'm not being a pussy!"

Armin leans forward, his eyes scarily sparkling as he immediately asks, "Then why didn't you make a move on her?"

"Because I'm scared!" I blurt, following that with a series of heavy breaths.

"There we go," he calmly states, laying back against the couch with his hands on his lap. Armin and his fucking tactics. He was waiting for me to break and reveal what I truly feel, wasn't he? Why does he always wanna know what I truly feel? He's not my therapist!

On second thought... he kind of is. His nosey ass is part of the reason why my sanity still exists. I sigh and let it go. "I'm- scared that I'll screw it up. Speedy's a... a friend. She's not just a girl anymore. And I don't think making a move on her is worth losing her friendship. You're crazy, by the way." I say the last words with a finger pointed at Armin.

"So you admit that you like her?" Mikasa tiredly asks, temple resting on her knuckles with the respective elbow on the arm of the couch.

"No! I mean, I don't know! Fuck, why are you two interrogating me?! And on Santa Day? You guys are ruthless!" I shout like a child, storming into my room without thinking twice. I stand in the middle of my room for two seconds, catching my breath, and storm back out, my hands on my hips and my face still in a scowl. Making sure my disdain towards them is still evident in my tone, I scornfully ask, "Can we exchange presents now?"