5 - photoshoot

You and Sasha found a place.

It's a one-storey house with two bedrooms, one bathroom and a kitchen. It's not a huge space, very modest-looking. And your owner doesn't sound as bitchy as the previous one. His name is Levi, a friend of Hange's, and though you haven't met him in person because he's a busy businessman, Hange took care of the process for him and gave you all the instructions (most of them were guidelines on keeping the house tidy). It's definitely an upgrade from your previous apartment and the rent is reasonable, so you decided to go for it. You wish you knew this neighbourhood before because goddamn, it's a dream.

You started packing yesterday, and Jean and Connie decided to help you out. They stayed the night as well and now Jean is making breakfast in the kitchen for you. "You don't have to," you tell his back, picking the business card from the pair of jeans in your grasp.

"No, but I want to. You should be served a good breakfast before going to a professional photoshoot," he tells you and you thank him. He is such a sweetheart. You remember back in college when he showed up at your dorm with hot porridge twenty minutes after you texted him that you were sick. He also got potato chips for Sasha and she was more emotional than you were.

Hange told you that the studio would provide a room for an hour before the photoshoot begins but Jeager asked you to give him a call two hours prior. You press dial and wait three rings before he picks up. "Hello?" you hear his hoarse voice through the phone.

"Yes, this is Hange's client. Noelle. That's... not my name but you don't know my name," you explain, meeting with a strange look Jean passes to you over his shoulder. He mouths a confused 'What?' and you wave him off.

"Right," you hear Jeager reply. "Send me the location, I'll be there with the necessities."

Jean places a plate of scrambled eggs, a PB&J, and some slices of apple alongside a glass of a banana smoothie. you mouth a 'Thank you' before responding to Jeager. "Actually, um, we don't have a location. Yet."

A second passes before he says, "What do you mean?"

"Well, the studio is only providing us with an hour, so- since you want another hour, we need to meet elsewhere."

"Huh," he mutters. "You have the clothes and accessories at your place?"

"Yeah," you say before recalling how his jewellery stood out to you the other day. "My accessories look kinda old, though, I'd like it if you brought me some."

"'Kay," he says. "Send me the location."

After sending him the location, you quickly make a call to Hange. "Hange, Jeager's coming over to my place. No- for the photoshoot. Yeah. Yes, I got a goodnight's sleep. Yeah, love you too. See you. Sure, I'd like a coffee. Okay, by- no, that won't be necessary. Got it. Bye."

Only after hanging up you realise that your place is a mess. There's cardboard boxes everywhere, Sasha and Connie sleeping head-to-feet with each other... and not to mention the lack of space.

"They're coming here?" Jean asks, taking a slice of your apple. "To this shithole?"

You groan. "Why don't I think before I act?"

Around fifteen minutes later, you hear a knock on the door. You look through the peephole and see Jeager standing there, staring right into the hole. You flinch a little before opening the door.

You made sure to wake Connie and Sasha up, forcing them out of the bedroom and into the living room. "Hi," you greet him, to which he responds with a nod.

He walks in, dressed in a printed shirt and loose-fitted jeans, and looks around the place. His soul almost leaves his body when his eyes fall on Connie, whose head is hanging out of the sofa with his eyes and mouth wide open right next to Jeager.